Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: me vs the NHS

steve_langford

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRabbit View Post
    Sorry to hear that Steve. I hope little Pru is well.
    Cheers mate. She's doing fine. We won't notice any long term damage til she starts growing up. It's a constant fear that we shouldn't have to go through.

Dont be scared Homie Plastikman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by purist View Post
    Free? You don't work/pay taxes then?
    I certainly do, in Ireland. I also pay for every doctors or hospital visit.
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

aw steve, really sad to hear that, hope eveything is ok
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    It basically is free and you know you're just being pedantic. Non-taxpayers still get treatment and they don't pay towards it.

Sometimes there are good grounds for complaining; errors made which cause harm etc... but when it's just people whining about not getting an appointment quick enough it's silly. Or when people expect they should be able to be magically cured of anything and everything, or perfectly diagnosed straight away... that's not a legit complaint.
    Yeah but there are major reasons for legitimate complaint and they are to do with government burocracy - trust me I know many people who work and have worked in the NHS at senior level - its a fucking disgrace - the idea of free health care is sound an we should all be proud but not to the point that we ignore the monumental amount of fuck ups that cost people major heartache unnecessarily - and most is avoidable. The majority of neglect and delays are to do with a disregard for peoples working rights and/or badly managed and distribution of wealth and worst still political pandering to continuing shifts in policy designed to appease the voting public SHORTTERM

Steve - you have rights to sue them to kingdom come - if they refused a c - section in circumstances where it was clearly dangerous and impactive on the mother and child and worse still where you or another indicated this to the nurse in charge and this was refused I think you have good grounds to go to town on them. Glad to hear your daughter is doing well. Good luck whatever you choose to do

Then it falls under my first point if they should have given an appointment but didn't. But some people seem to think they're more important than anyone else and should be seen immediately... there are a lot of people out there with health problems, they can't all be seen first.
    right, sorry i missed that first point you posted.

steve_langford

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinSubz02 View Post
    Steve - you have rights to sue them to kingdom come - if they refused a c - section in circumstances where it was clearly dangerous and impactive on the mother and child and worse still where you or another indicated this to the nurse in charge and this was refused I think you have good grounds to go to town on them. Glad to hear your daughter is doing well. Good luck whatever you choose to do
    Cheers mate. I'm not aiming for compo or anything. I just want them to admit responsibility. It's going to be hard enough to prove our case.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinSubz02 View Post
    Yeah but there are major reasons for legitimate complaint and they are to do with government burocracy - trust me I know many people who work and have worked in the NHS at senior level - its a fucking disgrace - the idea of free health care is sound an we should all be proud but not to the point that we ignore the monumental amount of fuck ups that cost people major heartache unnecessarily - and most is avoidable. The majority of neglect and delays are to do with a disregard for peoples working rights and/or badly managed and distribution of wealth and worst still political pandering to continuing shifts in policy designed to appease the voting public SHORTTERM
    Yes, I am fully aware of all this.

It's bound to be badly run and full of useless management staff, it's the biggest employer in the world iirc? Every big company is full of useless management, but they don't have people's health at risk (generally). Sadly, it's impossible to run such a big company without having lots of bad staff and lots of shit happening.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Sadly, it's impossible to run such a big company without having lots of bad staff and lots of shit happening.
    Especially in the public sector which is notoriously inefficient. There is so much waste and the number of incompetent staff is ridiculous.

Steve I sincerly hope your little girl is OK. It sounds like there were some major fuck ups there.

My son was born 3 weeks premature by emergency C section due to severe pre eclampcia (sp). He was then rushed into the SCBU and put in an icubator for 2 days due to breathing difficulties. Then due to not being with his mother from birth he would not breat feed. (I mention this because of what I say below)

My boy is now 8 and has been diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome, a type of autism. I in no way blame the hospital or the staff but studies have shown that premature babies and those who don't breast feed have a greater chance of being on the Autistic spectrum.

The staff were great at Slough hospial. I believe they saved the life of m son and ex mrs.

I understand what you went through as after he was born I had a baby in an incubator and a Mrs with her belly sliced open and didn't know which way to turn.

I wish you all the best for the future and I hope that if the staff are proved to be negligent then they are made to pay severly.