Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: me vs the NHS

It's free at the point of delivery. Is that better?

My wife and I had a not too great time the NHS 11 weeks ago when my daughter was born. The way in which they dealt with it was appaling they "forgot" to give her pain killers for hours the day after a C section even though she repeatedly asked and they told her every time she asked that someone would be around in a minute, this went on for 8 hours.

Thats just the tip of the iceburg though.

steve_langford

I almost lost my daughter and my Mrs during child birth and now my daughter may have a certain level of brain damage in the future because them ignorant and know-it-all fuckwit nurses at New Cross hospital point blank refused us a c-section even though my Mrs had pre-eclampsia.
    In the moments where me and my mrs should of been bonding with our daughter I had to stand by and watch them bring my daughter back from the dead repeatedly for the first 13 minutes of her life.
    She was barely 2hrs old when she was hooked up to a brainwave scanning machine, Surrounded by a bunch of nurses and student nurses like some fucking freakshow exhibit.
    The NHS may be free but we have certainly paid heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_langford View Post
    I almost lost my daughter and my Mrs during child birth and now my daughter may have a certain level of brain damage in the future because them ignorant and know-it-all fuckwit nurses at New Cross hospital point blank refused us a c-section even though my Mrs had pre-eclampsia.
    In the moments where me and my mrs should of been bonding with our daughter I had to stand by and watch them bring my daughter back from the dead repeatedly for the first 13 minutes of her life.
    She was barely 2hrs old when she was hooked up to a brainwave scanning machine, Surrounded by a bunch of nurses and student nurses like some fucking freakshow exhibit.
    thats horrible mate, hope they get what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    It basically is free and you know you're just being pedantic. Non-taxpayers still get treatment and they don't pay towards it.

Sometimes there are good grounds for complaining; errors made which cause harm etc... but when it's just people whining about not getting an appointment quick enough it's silly. Or when people expect they should be able to be magically cured of anything and everything, or perfectly diagnosed straight away... that's not a legit complaint.
    well in my mrs case the lack of appointments meant her kidney problems got a lot worse and one of them stopped working.

so no its not whining or silly to expect a appointment in a reasonable time. even the doctor agreed it was out of order.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_langford View Post

fucking hell. i hope shes ok mate and get no problems in the future.

a mate of mine rushed his daughter in a few years back with suspected menengitis and the hospital done a few tests and said no it was some other infection and sent her home. later that day he took her back down and they were disgusted that the docs in the morning missed it. the little girl was 18 months old and got server brain damage. they took they hospital to court and because my mate had quite a large criminal recordand a couple of convictions for drugs they spent the whole time question him on his past as if it was his fault what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by taffdragon View Post
    well in my mrs case the lack of appointments meant her kidney problems got a lot worse and one of them stopped working.

so no its not whining or silly to expect a appointment in a reasonable time. even the doctor agreed it was out of order.
    Then it falls under my first point if they should have given an appointment but didn't. But some people seem to think they're more important than anyone else and should be seen immediately... there are a lot of people out there with health problems, they can't all be seen first.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

steve_langford

Quote Originally Posted by taffdragon View Post
    fucking hell. i hope shes ok mate and get no problems in the future.

a mate of mine rushed his daughter in a few years back with suspected menengitis and the hospital done a few tests and said no it was some other infection and sent her home. later that day he took her back down and they were disgusted that the docs in the morning missed it. the little girl was 18 months old and got server brain damage. they took they hospital to court and because my mate had quite a large criminal recordand a couple of convictions for drugs they spent the whole time question him on his past as if it was his fault what happened.
    Cheers mate. She's doing fine so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastikman View Post
    Amazes me that people complain about free health care lol.
    Free? You don't work/pay taxes then?

Sorry to hear that Steve. I hope little Pru is well.