Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Caledonian Combat 1 - The Gathering - 21st July, Eden Court Theatre, Inverness

Default Caledonian Combat 1 - The Gathering - 21st July, Eden Court Theatre, Inverness

The Highlands biggest and best MMA promotion is booked for 21st July at Eden Court, Inverness. The event will feature some of Scotland best professional MMA fighters and a massive undercard as well as all day trade stands, expo, seminars and guest appearances from some of MMA's biggest stars.

Eden Court's Empire Theatre seats 765 and both standard admission and VIP tickets including a 3 course dinner and drinks will be available. Athletes will be treated to en suite changing rooms, green room facilities including kitchen and sports massage therapist and a warmup area bigger than some venues, whilst spectators will enjoy top class facilities including 4 licensed bars, restaurant, and table service to VIP ticket holders.

We aim to set a new standard for MMA promotions in the Highlands, and invite you to join us as we bring the very best in the UK to Inverness in 2012. If you want to see the highest standard of fights, in the best venue in the Highlands, get your tickets today!

Ticket Purchase Link...

http://www.eden-court.co.uk/whats-on...-the-gathering

Caledonian Combat promise you a full day of top class entertainment right here in the Highlands of Scotland, don't miss it!

Fights Card.

Matti Laurenceson Spartan Vs David Macdonald Scottish Hit Squad – 70kg – C class

Gary Grant – Spartan Vs Owen Longrigg - Lycans – 66Kg – C class

Aidan Stephen Fusion MMA Vs Chris Farman Spartan - 66kg – C class

Martin Smith – AMAG Vs Graham Black – Lycan – 77kg – C class

Billy Simpson – Fusion MMA Vs Steve McIntosh Assassin MMA – 73kg – C class

Ross Houston – Fusion MMA Vs Chris Bungard – Scottish Hit Squad – 77kg – C class

Gary Devlin - Fusion MMA Vs – Jarek Cimoszuk - Oban MMA – 70kg – C class

Martin Jazdzewski - Independant Vs TBC – 105kg – C class

A Class

Rung Kharnphan Vs Rob McCrum

Stevie Ray Vs Stuart Barrs

Seminar Schedule

Seminar 1 - 12 noon to 130pm - Paul Taylor

Ultimate Fighting Championship signed fighter Paul "Relentless" Taylor has won fight of the night honours at 3 UFC events, and fought in UFC on 9 occasions. He holds an 11-6-1 MMA record overall with 6 of his wins coming by TKO. In short, Paul is fighting and winning in the world biggest promotion, if you want to learn from someone at the top of the game, this is your chance.

Ticket Purchase Link

http://www.eden-court.co.uk/whats-on...-1-paul-taylor

Seminar 2 - 145pm to 315pm - Rosi Sexton

Rosi is the number 6 ranked pound for pound female Mixed Martial Artist in the world, and number 2 ranked in the world in her weight division.
    She holds a Black belt in Tae Kwon Do,Black belt in TJF Jiu Jitsu, Purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and was Cage Warriors Women's 132 lbs Champion (2005) and BodogFight Women's 125 lbs Champion. She is undoubtedly the UK's leading female MMA fighter.

Ticket Purchase Link

http://www.eden-court.co.uk/whats-on...-2-rosi-sexton

Seminar 3 - 330pm to 5pm - James Watling

Amateur World Silver Medalist, Professional English (cruiserweight) Champion, 3 times British (Light Heavyweight) full contact Champion and World Ranked No1 Kickboxer, James is one of the best strikers in the country today. He has fearsome technical knowledge and will cover all aspects of striking, combinations and counter striking. This is undoubtedly THE best chance you'll ever get to improve your stand up fighting!

Ticket Purchase Link

http://www.eden-court.co.uk/whats-on...-james-watling

Thanks to all at Fusion MMA, and to our sponsors EZ Sports and Forge Gym, Ionic Balance, the Floor Centre, Inverness City Taxi's ...we hope to see you there for what promises to be a great night.
    Last edited by WeeG; 07-06-2012 at 12:31 PM.

Few guys from the grip could fancy this

sounds and looks like a fantastic show to be fighting on,i wouldv been up for it but for one i doubt id be in shape in time and two im not fighting again until my sons born (march) though best of luck and im sure it will be a great show

I might be up for this. I have a fair bit of family over in elgin.

Good idea having it in July, snow might be gone by then.
    Rob McCrum, Pro BW. www.bjjscotland.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane View Post
    Few guys from the grip could fancy this
    Nice one, pop up any names you have in mind with weight class and record for Jimmy to see. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mmakind View Post
    sounds and looks like a fantastic show to be fighting on,i wouldv been up for it but for one i doubt id be in shape in time and two im not fighting again until my sons born (march) though best of luck and im sure it will be a great show
    Show isn't until July next year mate, I'm confused!

Think he means it would be hard to focus on training, weight etc with a newborn...
    https://www.facebook.com/JonnyAfroThunderGoodall 66kg Am: 7-3, Pro: 1-2.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeG View Post
    Show isn't until July next year mate, I'm confused!
    If im gonna be perfectly honest way you i got this date and that of a show in feb mixed up!!!! sorry man! i read this thread but came back to comment on it later+mixed the dates up so a lesson for myself comment there+then not hours later after reading other threads,so sorry! Johnny u were right in a way as iv promised i wouldnt fight for upto 6months after the birth but tbh i dont know if i will stick to that!
    Anyway this show sounds very good and sounds like the fighters will be treated nicely along with a great venue

As stated earlier in this thread Caledonian Combat 1 : The Gathering will be an all day event featuring seminars, trade stands and other attractions.

All our seminars will be on during the day at the One Touch Theatre at Eden Court, Inverness. This purpose built venue has a sprung floor, seating for up to 200 spectators and onsite catering etc is available. It is within the same building as the Empire Theatre where our evening MMA event will take place.

Spaces on the mats at seminars are limited to 20 and priced at 20, but General admission ticket holders to Caledonian Combat will be free to spectate / listen in on the seminars from the seats.

You can see the layout of the One Touch Theatre. here...

"On the mats" tickets for seminars will be available online at the same time as the main event tickets go on sale.

With that out the way....

Caledonian Combat are proud to announce that the first of our daytime MMA Seminars will be from the #8-ranked pound-for-pound female MMA fighter in the world Rosi "The Surgeon" Sexton.

Rosi is Black belt in Tae Kwon Do, Black belt in TJF Jiu Jitsu, Purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and was Cage Warriors Women's 132 lbs Champion and BodogFight Women's 125 lbs Champion.

She is also a qualified osteopath, sports therapist and holds a first class degree in mathematics from Cambridge and a PhD in theoretical computer science.

Rosi is uniquely positioned to give a seminar that could cover both MMA techniques AND injury prevention strategies, and we are extremely proud to have her as part of Caledonian Combat 1 : The Gathering