Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's had the best year in mma?

Turner v Grimshaw fight was a belter.
    Iain Possilwhaite has had some great subs, Triangle/armbar at Alloa was cool.
    Turner defo for fighter of the year.
    Hissy for the other one.
    KO Doolan v Remedios (was that this year)
    Iain for semi pro of the year, 5-0, 4 subs and 1 KO, only 1 fight going into the second round.
    Last edited by staffie; 13-12-2011 at 04:56 PM.
    Rob McCrum, Pro BW. www.bjjscotland.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by David Bateman View Post
    Fighter of the Year and Breakthrough Fighter are both pro-only. KO, Sub, Fight are for both
    Think you could prob have a semi pro fighter of the year and a breakthrough fighter of the year cos there alot of talent comin out this year. Might as well if your doing the rest of the semi pro awards
    This is the most fun i can have without going to jail

semi pro fighter of the year id go with MOP

KO of the year would be Rab v Gilbraith at on top

Recap of my year 2011: i choked out davey parker for the total combat europeon title, Tko'd scott ward after getting "paggered" in round 1 for the sfc belt, the 4man tournament triangled mervyn mullholland and thn got beat from musoke in final, thn knocking out john quinn to claim the no.1 spot in scotland and breaking into top 20 uk rankings. if i didnt have that loss would look shithot!!

not a bad year 4-1 for 2012 over top opposition, went 11-1 in 2010

Quote Originally Posted by TapouT1 View Post
    Think you could prob have a semi pro fighter of the year and a breakthrough fighter of the year cos there alot of talent comin out this year. Might as well if your doing the rest of the semi pro awards
    Don't think I made this very clear...both pro and semi-pro will be considered for KO, Sub and Fight. Not separate awards for both, just one covering both pro and semi-pro.

We've got the following awards:
    -Fighter of the Year (pro only)
    -Breakthrough Fighter of the Year (pro only)
    -Semi Pro Fighter of the Year
    -Fight of the Year (for both pro and semi-pro)
    -KO of the Year (for both pro and semi-pro)
    -Sub of the Year (for both pro and semi-pro)
    -Performance of the Year (pro only)
    -Ring Entrance of the Year
    -Promotion of the Year
    -Event of the Year
    -Fight Team of the Year
    -Coach of the Year

Hope that clears things up.

Performance of the Year is only open to pro's because it's for the best single display against a highly ranked opponent, and no semi-pro's are ranked at Euro, UK or Scottish level.
    Last edited by David Bateman; 13-12-2011 at 05:46 PM.
    Check out Your MMA on Facebook www.facebook.com/YourMMA

Ah I see sorry, thot you were doin it like semi pro for awards for ko sub and fight and then pro the same plus the fighter and breakthrough of the year, think it would be cool for the semi pro guys to be judged against other semi pro guys for all the stuff cos I'd imagine anything where semi and pro are put together Someone from pro would win it IMO only tho
    This is the most fun i can have without going to jail

Quote Originally Posted by thaison View Post
    Turner broke into top 3 in uk rankings, is now number one contender for CW title with some solid wins.

Reedys win over Corrasani is a big win no doubt, who is the other 3 guys he has beat this year?

Delaney put himself in title contention at on top, perfect 5-0 record as a pro in a year

AJ has been awesome as well, i expect next year will be more his break out year.

Ray had some good wins, if he had win the on top 4 man id have giving it to him

Hissy gets my vote, hanging with top level guys already in less than a year being a pro. The tranformation in his game has been incredible this year
    dont try and take any shine of me beating Akira in his home town. The last 3 guys ive fought havnt been the best guys, i was meant to fight Salovaara on fight festival but got a bad cut. I went to Gotenburg a second time and lost a split to Svensson who i will beat given another chance. There aren't many fighters out there traveling accross to Europe for the big european fights.

*Edit* Read it as have, not havnt!
    Last edited by staffie; 13-12-2011 at 06:41 PM.
    Rob McCrum, Pro BW. www.bjjscotland.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by TapouT1 View Post
    Ah I see sorry, thot you were doin it like semi pro for awards for ko sub and fight and then pro the same plus the fighter and breakthrough of the year, think it would be cool for the semi pro guys to be judged against other semi pro guys for all the stuff cos I'd imagine anything where semi and pro are put together Someone from pro would win it IMO only tho
    No worries, I didn't make it very clear. I'd like to do that but this way it keeps the KO/Sub/Fight categories really strong. Splitting them produces some categories that aren't the best.

I'm sure the semi-pro guys could beat the pro guys, some of the best subs this year have been from semi-pros...Posslethwaite, Cusick, Lopez off the top of my head.
    Check out Your MMA on Facebook www.facebook.com/YourMMA

-Fighter of the Year (pro only) - Graham Turner broke into top 3 in the UKs best division with an amazing performance at CW vs Grimshaw
    -Breakthrough Fighter of the Year (pro only) - Me
    -Semi Pro Fighter of the Year - MOP
    -Fight of the Year (for both pro and semi-pro) - JC vs Svensson, McColl vs McGhee at SFC
    -KO of the Year (for both pro and semi-pro) - Whiteford vs Galbraith, MOP vs McDougall
    -Sub of the Year (for both pro and semi-pro) - Bobby McVittie guillotine vs Scott Jansen, Iain Possilwaithe at Alloa
    -Performance of the Year (pro only) Turner vs Grimshaw at CW
    -Ring Entrance of the Year - Doni Millar On Top 3
    -Promotion of the Year - On Top
    -Event of the Year - SFC 5 (as i was a spectator and not competing)
    -Fight Team of the Year - Independent fight ... hahaha just kidding DNFT!
    -Coach of the Year - James Doolan for babysitting me down Nottingham at BAMMA! haha

Boom, there yer fuckin dinner
    WWW.BRIANHYSLOP.COM Dinky Ninja Fight Team #1