Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who's had the best year in mma?

Quote Originally Posted by H1SSY View Post
    -Fighter of the Year (pro only) - Graham Turner broke into top 3 in the UKs best division with an amazing performance at CW vs Grimshaw
    -Breakthrough Fighter of the Year (pro only) - Me
    -Semi Pro Fighter of the Year - MOP
    -Fight of the Year (for both pro and semi-pro) - JC vs Svensson, McColl vs McGhee at SFC
    -KO of the Year (for both pro and semi-pro) - Whiteford vs Galbraith, MOP vs McDougall
    -Sub of the Year (for both pro and semi-pro) - Bobby McVittie guillotine vs Scott Jansen, Iain Possilwaithe at Alloa
    -Performance of the Year (pro only) Turner vs Grimshaw at CW
    -Ring Entrance of the Year - Doni Millar On Top 3
    -Promotion of the Year - On Top
    -Event of the Year - SFC 5 (as i was a spectator and not competing)
    -Fight Team of the Year - Independent fight ... hahaha just kidding DNFT!
    -Coach of the Year - James Doolan for babysitting me down Nottingham at BAMMA! haha

Boom, there yer fuckin dinner
    Haha. I actually Lol'd at that.
    Twitter @steflachMMA. Herald Sport www.heraldscotland.com/sport

Quote Originally Posted by David Bateman View Post
    I'm sure the semi-pro guys could beat the pro guys, some of the best subs this year have been from semi-pros...Posslethwaite, Cusick, Lopez off the top of my head.
    No doubt these guys have great subs on their records. However, for me, the fact that they are pulled off against lower level opponents makes it harder to pick them as a sub / KO of the year in a combined pro / semi category.

Would have preferred them to be separate.

-Fighter of the Year - Turner. No. 3 in such a stacked division is an immense achievement.
    -Breakthrough Fighter of the Year - Hyslop
    -Semi Pro Fighter of the Year - Mcintosh/Posslethwaite
    -Fight of the Year - Ray vs Ward SFC4 or Hope vs N'Doye for the grit shown alone. Was also YourMMA euro FOTMonth
    -KO of the Year - Ray over Quinn for the implications i.e. ranking in top 20. Or any of Whitefords KO's.
    -Sub of the Year - Doolan. Nice to see him back to winning ways over a good opponent. Delaney at Sportfight was good sub too.
    -Performance of the Year - Malone over Stevenson, Reed over Corasanni or Caldwell over Fletcher.
    -Ring Entrance of the Year - Hunter SFC
    -Promotion of the Year - On Top. Quality cards at the top level. Putting on a full card of pro fights at that level is great for a Scottish MMA promotion.
    -Event of the Year - SFC 4/5
    -Fight Team of the Year - Can't see anyone but the Ninjas getting this. Regardless of the numbers of wins/losses as a team, no other team can stake a claim when this team are consistently fighting levels above the rest. Edge seem to be producing some good fighters. I've always been a fan of the Viper team too.
    -Coach of the Year - Can't really assess this one.
    I would ban the triangle choke, the refuge of cowards everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    -Coach of the Year - Can't really assess this one.
    Nominations for this would be great, whether public or private. At the moment, it's just going to be an open vote without any shortlist.
    Check out Your MMA on Facebook www.facebook.com/YourMMA

By the way, when's the next instalment of SFB's take on Scottish MMA (podcast, mag or other)?

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    By the way, when's the next instalment of SFB's take on Scottish MMA (podcast, mag or other)?
    Podcasting at Hostile Territory, starting weekly/fortnightly podcasts again as of next year, mag still to be determined but probably early next year. Missing us? hahaha
    Check out Your MMA on Facebook www.facebook.com/YourMMA

Quote Originally Posted by David Bateman View Post
    Podcasting at Hostile Territory, starting weekly/fortnightly podcasts again as of next year, mag still to be determined but probably early next year. Missing us? hahaha
    Great news. It gives me an outlet for my passive aggressive streak - the musings of Divvy and Stefanny on a fortnightly basis!

-Fighter of the Year - Turner
    -Breakthrough Fighter of the Year - Hissy
    -Semi Pro Fighter of the Year - Mop
    -Fight of the Year - Ray vs Ward
    -KO of the Year - mop headkick
    -Sub of the Year - mcvittie on jansen, sibbald over thompson (standing guillitine)
    -Performance of the Year - Malone over Stevenson, Ray vs Quinn
    -Ring Entrance of the Year - Andy Hillhouse chainsaw
    -Promotion of the Year - On Top.
    -Event of the Year - On Top 3
    -Fight Team of the Year - DNFT
    -Coach of the Year - James Doolan

-Fighter of the Year Doolan 4 fights 2 title fights , all against top opponents.
    -Breakthrough Fighter of the Year - Alan Johnston Going from strength to strength
    -Semi Pro Fighter of the Year Iain Possilwhaite - 5 -0 Performed admirably against top frence competition @ontop , showing a complete skillset.
    -Fight of the Year -JC vs Svensson -5 rounds of technique, heart and determination. Spectacular.
    -KO of the Year Alan Mcauley @Ontop - Precision
    -Sub of the Year Ally Smith @Ontop - Thai boxer with first mma win via sub.
    -Performance of the Year Ray over Ward Took a pounding and came back.
    -Ring Entrance of the Year Hillhouse @ SFC hahah awesome or Raining Men boy @Ontop
    -Promotion of the Year Any of the smaller local events for bringing the next crop of Scottish talent up the ladder.
    -Event of the Year Magnum Force 2 - My local.
    -Fight Team of the Year Westcoast MMA bias where I train.
    -Coach of the Year Andy Wilson-- bias My Coach

Master Wang
    www.themmashow.info www.facebook.com/themmashow @mma_show

Fighter of the year - Graham Turner top unsigned UK featherweight, doesn't do easy fights and beat the highly regarded Ash Grimshaw in his last one
    Breakthrough fighter of the year - Hissy, undefeated at pro beating some good guys along the way
    Semi-pro fighter of the year - Iain Possilwhaite - wee guy has looked awesome in every fight I've seen him in
    Fight of the year - Paul's fight on the Ultimate Fighter, first Scottish based fighter to feature on the show and did he put on a performance
    KO of the year - Alan McAuley @ SFC
    Sub of the year - Iain Possilwhaite's armbar on Gary Priestly at Hostile Territory, beautifully set up and thought he was going to take the arm home with him
    Performance of the year - Dean Caldwell beating Colin Fletcher, a lot of people thought this would be an easy fight for Fletcher, those who've seen Dean and the fighters he produces kind of knew better
    Ring Entrance - Hillhouse at SFC with the chainsaw
    Event of the Year - On Top 2, first show to be held in a Glasgow city council venue and a stacked card from top to bottom
    Fight team of the year - DNFT
    Coach of the year - Paul McVeigh/James Doolan, can't seperate the guys, both still competing at the highest levels of the sport and still continues to churn out killers from the Griphouse and Lanark MMA respectively
    Scotlands No. 1 Timekeeper also available as a BJJ/No Gi referee