Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Randy Couture Painting

@TheGamesArtist Do you stretch your own canvasses? I found that it made a big difference. The shop bought canvasses are a lighter weight and they have a waxy titanium coating on the surface which affects the way that the paint adheres to it. I either buy the stretchers and build the frame myself, or take the canvas off a pre-built frame and put my own on. It's a much nicer ground to work with and you have control over the weight of the canvas, how taught it is, etc.

This shop is good for supplies. russellandchapple

Quote Originally Posted by TheGamesArtist View Post
    Maybe for a print mate, but that is hand painted. Sketched first and painted, which took approx 25 hours. Not to mention its signed. If you can find a shop that will produce somethinh like that on a whim then Id be surprised. Like i said though, not hard to get a print made up.

Edit: Sorry for the rant, just found the point "youre really just paying for the canvas" mildly offensive lol
    Lol Sorry, that wasn't my intention. Like I said, my sister does the same thing by hand for family photos, it takes her ages and it does take some talent. I don't underestimate the effort gone into it.