Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Randy Couture Painting

I don't want to piss on anyone's chips (although I will), but these style of pics are essentially just 'paint by numbers'.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRabbit View Post
    I don't want to piss on anyone's chips (although I will), but these style of pics are essentially just 'paint by numbers'.
    A young un painting is to be applauded and it is good as an exercise but it shows nothing of the artist, but hes only a young lad so whats he got to show.As he matures as a painter his work will reflect his life and will change and the skills hes aquired doing work like this will see him in good stead.So although you are by far my favourite pig I call a tad harsh Mr Blue.
    "My God is a squirrel called Norman,hes got arms like Popeye"
    Bullbreed rescue and rehoming.PM for more info.

Also not trying to sound harsh but I am with Blue on this to some extent - seen loads of these style pop up and must admit I don't know the technique it does seem quite popular, thats not to say it doesnt look good because that is a wicked picture and fair play to the OP for doing it regardless of ease or not, hopefully it will springboard him to bigger and better things, hopefully make him some money as well, wish you all the best OP.

P.S I would love to buy that lol...has anyone mentioned I had a big win on the scratchcards yesterday? hmmm maybe found something to consider spending my profits on.... though may need to crack the piggy bank as well.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Great work man.

Sorry for taking a while to reply! I'm looking into getting prints made up so if anyone is interested just drop me a pm.

With regards to the painting by numbers comments, essentially yeah you're correct...... However standing drawing the original outline for nearly two days ain't easy!

could someone explain what the technique is? I don't know and I'm genuinely interested
    For Each A Road, For Everyman A Religion, F**k everything and rumble!

Quote Originally Posted by Longman View Post
    could someone explain what the technique is? I don't know and I'm genuinely interested
    The technique I use is..

Find a pic i like on google, edit it in photoshop to block in all the colours, print the pic as a reference, draw it, paint it

Quote Originally Posted by TheGamesArtist View Post
    The technique I use is..

Find a pic i like on google, edit it in photoshop to block in all the colours, print the pic as a reference, draw it, paint it
    Cool. I certainly couldn't do that. Mind you I have the artistic ability of a drunken polar bear.
    For Each A Road, For Everyman A Religion, F**k everything and rumble!

If anybody's interested I made a presentation video for the painting which you can view here;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzl23...feature=colike

You'll also be able to see how I painted it in the video

Any shares are much appreciated!

i'd love to see the two plonkers who call 'paint by numbers's work...