Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Randy Couture Painting

Quote Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
    i'd love to see the two plonkers who call 'paint by numbers's work...
    The subject matter was not of my choosing- I painted them on commission. The pic with the two elephants on is unfinished. I also apologise for the poor quality of the photos. Santa is (hopefully) getting me a new camera.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BlueRabbit; 22-12-2011 at 09:41 PM.

more...........
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    P.S I would love to buy that lol...
    If you're serious (and the OP isn't selling) there are shops that'll do it for you. You're largely just paying for the canvas.

Edit: That's not to discount the OPs effort though. My baby sis uses the same print/grid process to blow up family photos.
    Last edited by UK_MMA; 22-12-2011 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_MMA View Post
    If you're serious (and the OP isn't selling) there are shops that'll do it for you. You're largely just paying for the canvas.

Edit: That's not to discount the OPs effort though. My baby sis uses the same print/grid process to blow up family photos.
    Maybe for a print mate, but that is hand painted. Sketched first and painted, which took approx 25 hours. Not to mention its signed. If you can find a shop that will produce somethinh like that on a whim then Id be surprised. Like i said though, not hard to get a print made up.

Edit: Sorry for the rant, just found the point "youre really just paying for the canvas" mildly offensive lol
    Last edited by TheGamesArtist; 24-12-2011 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_MMA View Post

so harsh I actually had to laugh

I know nothing about art techniques picture looks good to me, but the art world has been exposed as a brutal place so im out

Quote Originally Posted by sol_dave View Post
    so harsh I actually had to laugh

I know nothing about art techniques picture looks good to me, but the art world has been exposed as a brutal place so im out
    Ha it's a tough business mate, stick to MMA! :P

Meant to say in my last post, the guy who posted the other paintings - quality work mate, well done

i dont want to discredit what you do either as i think its excellent, but could someone maybe get a print, then go over it with paint? so it is actually painted in the end but you've cut out the whole drawing it for 2 days part? thats what i've been thinking of doing

Nice work. There is a guy in falkirk who also does this stuff. He got Wandy to sign a few when he was in scotland

http://www.knockoutart.co.uk/

@bluerabbit nice work man. proved me wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by dunny View Post
    i dont want to discredit what you do either as i think its excellent, but could someone maybe get a print, then go over it with paint? so it is actually painted in the end but you've cut out the whole drawing it for 2 days part? thats what i've been thinking of doing
    I suppose you could mate... But I don't really see the point lol