Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Scratchcard investment thread

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgladiator View Post
    sorry mate next time il do it while playing the trumpet
    Now that could be awesome, we could ask Jimmy then to run a poll on what instruments add the most tension to the scratching of cards or something...
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

jamesgladiator

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    Now that could be awesome, we could ask Jimmy then to run a poll on what instruments add the most tension to the scratching of cards or something...
    thats a cracking idea i think the drum would add a good beat but trumpet makes it more exciting

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Jimmy always does a high quality poll, we could then get Ross to pie chart the result
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

I like a punt on a scratchcard now and again but never spend much and never win much.

Was in the shop buying some essentials yesterday and remebered this thread so decided to spend an unprecedented 10 on scratchcards and see what happens (well 9 cos i got a lucky dip on the normal lottery as well). Here's a results round up

1/ Lotto: 1 number out of six. No prize. 1 down

onto the 1 scratchcards:
    2/ money tree: Not a bean. 2 down
    3/ 100k card. Again sweet FA 3 down
    4/ nought and crosses: Glimmer of hope as I reveal 2 x's straight aways. But thats as good as it gets 4 down

onto the big guns and the 2 scratchcards:
    5/ Deal or no deal: Don't fail me noel! 2 games on this one. First you have to match one of your 2 box numbers to any of the numbers you scratch off. Get a match, win a prize. My numbers are 22 and 8. I don't win anything 6 down
    6/ Triple 7's : I dont hang about and scratch off all the silver at once, a quickscan reveals - again - that I have won zip - 8 down

Fuck you mr boogaloo fuck you very much!! But wait... one more in my pocket. Its "snow me the money". if this doesnt win I am creating a poll of my own as to whether you should be banned for leading us astray at an expensive time of year!!

i have to match 2 symbols to win the prize: I scratch off the prizes first:

80 - i get a snowman and a holly - no prize
    2000 - i get a glove and an angel - no prize
    20 - pud and a hat - no prize
    1000 - candy and coin - no prize
    10 - a double and a double!! a match!! AND reading the rules tells me i win double the prize!! 20. A tidy ten pound profit. All is forgiven Jimmy!!

2 more rows to go though....

a stack of coins and a sledge means i miss out on 40
    and a scarf and a money bag mean i miss out on the big prize of 80k

it wont pay off the mortgage, but still 20 to double my investment ain't bad! Merry xmas Jimmy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by graham cooke; 18-12-2011 at 12:51 PM.

found a scratch card in my car which i had bought and forgotton about. scratched it and had won 10

last summer i had quite good luck with the rich for life 5 scratch cards. there was a point where i had 4 100 wins in the space of 3 days and 3 of the cards were from the same shop!

havent had much luck since they changed the colour from red though
    Last edited by Nathan_Court; 18-12-2011 at 07:54 PM.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

jamesgladiator

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Court View Post
    found a scratch card in my car which i had bought and forgotton about. scratched it and had won 10

last summer i had quite good luck with the rice for life 5 scratch cards. there was a point where i had 4 100 wins in the space of 3 days and 3 of the cards were from the same shop!

havent had much luck since they changed the colour from red though
    rice for life aint that african ?

James, next time, build up the tension a bit fella, that was all over in seconds for me
    Hahaha! No-one can drag out and hype a non-event like you can, mate! You should develop a game show for Davina McCall to host.
    Tea Drinker for Life, but preaching tolerance for the Children of Coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgladiator View Post
    rice for life aint that african ?
    nope. its thai
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Quote Originally Posted by HomerPlata View Post
    Hahaha! No-one can drag out and hype a non-event like you can, mate! You should develop a game show for Davina McCall to host.
    I am upset that you thought it was a non event Graham just proved that its not just me who can build that tension up - I enjoyed reading that, I went from the initial emotion of not caring much early in the story (being a winner and all that myself) but then once he was a few in and hadn't won, I started feeling for him, knowing he hadn't had the early joy I had felt with those small initial wins. I was gripped through the middle of the story with the tension, his hurt and anger clearly showing when he abused Jimmy, I too felt for him and almost wept thinking of his struggle with those mighty cards and him being on the losing end, but like a great Rocky story, there was the comeback we just didn't expect and Graham ends with a massive KO in the twelth taking the title (and profit) home ... Wonderful!

I am thinking of a few gameshows now though, Number 1) Whats in my sock? Number 2) Closed fist or open palm and Number 3) What the fuck do you think you are looking at? Noting you gave me the idea, I may give you credit as assistant Grip boy or something on the credits.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

I am upset that you thought it was a non event Graham just proved that its not just me who can build that tension up - I enjoyed reading that, I went from the initial emotion of not caring much early in the story (being a winner and all that myself) but then once he was a few in and hadn't won, I started feeling for him, knowing he hadn't had the early joy I had felt with those small initial wins. I was gripped through the middle of the story with the tension, his hurt and anger clearly showing when he abused Jimmy, I too felt for him and almost wept thinking of his struggle with those mighty cards and him being on the losing end, but like a great Rocky story, there was the comeback we just didn't expect and Graham ends with a massive KO in the twelth taking the title (and profit) home ... Wonderful!

I am thinking of a few gameshows now though, Number 1) Whats in my sock? Number 2) Closed fist or open palm and Number 3) What the fuck do you think you are looking at? Noting you gave me the idea, I may give you credit as assistant Grip boy or something on the credits.
    My friend, in the nicest possible way, you really have too much time on your hands
    Tea Drinker for Life, but preaching tolerance for the Children of Coffee.