Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What you getting your dad/what is your son getting you for christmas?

Default What you getting your dad/what is your son getting you for christmas?

I need you guys to do my shopping for me here, I am bang out of ideas. The selfish man has a birthday on the 23rd of December, so I am out of ideas twice!
    The mind of the believer stagnates. It fails to grow outward into an unlimited, infinite universe.

Got my dad tickets to the Johnny Cash Revival show in Cardiff. He always loved Johnny Cash and its his era. I think it was just under 20 each for him and my mum.

The Husband wanted an Ospreys rugby shirt, so that's what he has.

Father in law has DVD of a comedian.

Senna DVD dude, it's got 'dad gift' written all over it

see i'm in a tough position... my dad likes sport, but not so much that i think he'd appreciate stuff like that... he watches football and f-1, but somewhat sporadically, so i don't know if i can really get him a 'fan' gift like that

i went shopping this morning and walked out empty handed after around 20 angry minutes browsing about, hating every person in my way and raging at the decorations, the music, the carol singers, etc

a decent percentage of the gifts i bought on amazon still have not arrived yet either.. i think it's gonna be a shit christmas for my giftees this year
    The mind of the believer stagnates. It fails to grow outward into an unlimited, infinite universe.

A hamper of 'man' food and/or drink!
    http://www.smartgiftsolutions.co.uk/...-Food-&-Drink/

You can make your own up based on what he likes and what you want to spend.
    "Yes, making mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep" Rudyard Kipling

my dad makes every single gift buying scenario difficult....the dick. he genuinely said he doesn't want anything, but thats shit so i got him a decent razor set with some spare heads and foam and stuff because he insists on using bics even though they're a shocking shave.
    How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies

getteng my old man a new bat lads coz crackad it over some mugs head cuple weeks ago down jollys pals
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Johny-Boy/215858055149963?ref=ts wbc world champ 19-0

did they not know it was your dad? i find it hard to believe anyone would be dumb enough to mug off the champ's dad in his local

dont think the mug knew pal was some yakerzuha boss on holeday govner an he went down jollys giveng it large but my dad wernt haveng it son ko'd him with the bat an it browk
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Johny-Boy/215858055149963?ref=ts wbc world champ 19-0

Options:

a nice woolly jumper
    a nice aftershave (a cliche, but it's a simple one)
    a nice pair of leather gloves
    a nice wallet
    a nice Natural History Museum Jellyfish Lampquarium
    a nice book(s)
    a nice bottle of (insert favourite tipple here)

I think the key points are (a) nice. That's it.

John Lewis is quite good when looking for 'dad presents'.