Thread: With Strikeforce needing headliners will Melendez miss out on the UFC

Default With Strikeforce needing headliners will Melendez miss out on the UFC

Im sure i am not the only one who would like to see El Nino in the UFC but with the recent new shotime deal will they be keen to keep in him Strikeforce with so few headliners left?
    Its a shame I would have loved a UFC VS Strikeforce LW unification bout.

I am so sure they will start to share fighters between the promotions....

Thats the only way that Strikeforce will ever have ticket selling fighters.
    Only 2 divisions have champs at the moment on the mens side.

Im sure when they announced the new Shotime deal they said Gil will be staying put. Can understand they don't want all the top fighters jumping ship and leaving them with the noobs.

It is depressing... I was really lookign forward to Bendo vs Melendez for the title in the summer

It's time they ever do a talent share or shut Strikeforce down. They don't have the talent themselves to run a compelling fight card in my opinion with some of the names already being brought over to the UFC.

As part of the announcement, officials stated that current Strikeforce fighters – including champions Gilbert Melendez, Luke Rochhold, Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos and Miesha Tate – will remain in Strikeforce. (Recently, some champions such as Nick Diaz, Dan Henderson and Alistair Overeem had been folded into the Zuffa-owned UFC.)
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/26560/stri...ed-prelims.mma

Not sure how they can make Gil stay in Strikeforce when his contract is up for renewal though unless the UFC is not allowed to snap him up as part of the new shotime deal....

I'd still like to see him and Eddie A settle that debate before he moves over to the UFC. Plus with Eddie A losing to Chandler, it makes you wonder how damn good Chandler can be bearing in mind he's still unbeaten!
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

I just want to see the man fight the best and until he gets over to the UFC he will just get good fighters not the best.