Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The best combat gear on the market?

Hybrid View

Default The best combat gear on the market?

As the owner of a major ecommerce business (www.fightshop.com) within MMA, I am always interested to hear what people believe to be the best brands on the market. In terms of gloves, general equipment/apparel....we stock it all so will not be offended but again, een to get your take on what is "the best!" Cheers guys!

Its gotta be Fairtex or Twins
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge

Thai Pads - Fairtex
    Gloves - Twins
    Shins - Sandee

Having said that - i've just bought some Top King shins and Gloves and they are excellent

And where would you typically buy the gear? Clubs/gyms or online/high street? (I dont want this to be a selling thread, I just want to understand the routes that most of the brands use....)

Gloves - Cleto reyes
    Boots - Adidas
    Gi - Lucky

online....

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

I have picked up most of my stuff on trips to Thailand but also pick up stuff online as there are no shops nearby that sell a good selection of gear. I just ordered some Raja custom made 16oz gloves online and they came direct from Thailand no hassle.

a decent uk supplier of Top King would be awesome.
    I don't believe in belts. There should be no ranking system for toughness.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHillman View Post
    a decent uk supplier of Top King would be awesome.
    I second this!

I would always go through getting my gear online, obvious factors would be price and locating the best stores to use. The generic search for most people I would assume is 'mma equipment' or 'uk mma store' I don't know, but there is a sea of places to get this stuff so variety is key. Most do all of the same stuff (obviously) but not many have much depth in products when you go surfing through, it is sort of well this is your lot and the only brand you are getting 'insert item' with from us.

Not brown nosing, but I recommend you to people as you have a big variety and reasonably priced, some are not like that. A bigger variety of training equipment (S&C type of kit) would be cool too, as lots of people have the same generic bits of kit which is good. But it is very limited - obviously the market for that isnt going to be as big I suppose and can be picked up elsewhere for less than you could supply I dont know.
    Last edited by Mattchoo; 18-01-2012 at 01:15 PM.
    Ninja

Twins / Fairtex / Title

I pick most of my stuff up from gym shop and so does everyone in the gym as you can
    try the kit on and see how it feels,

I dont buy online as much as I used to
    Joey Essex is my hero, he's Reem.

I have 10 oz MTG gloves that are great, Sandee 16oz gloves which are brilliant and twins shin pads that also do well even though they take a bashing. Also got a couple pairs of top king shorts cos i love their crazy colours.

I have had cheap kit in the past but would never buy anything like that again because it never lasts.

I always buy online because its cheaper and my choice of website is usually a mix of price and reputation. I find the cheapest, often using money off codes, and check that they are a reputable company. I wouldnt buy from fightshop due to being too expensive.