Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: food for fighters

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    centre of the earth
    Posts
    210

    Red face food for fighters

    Is porridge with 2 bananas and a tbsp of nutella ok to eat for breakfasts ?

  2. #2

    Default

    you need a protein source as well, maybe a protein shake or some egg whites

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    centre of the earth
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Aswell as or instead or put protein powder in with it?

  4. #4

    Default

    Peanut Butter .. nutella is for girls, also add in some whey protein

    If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

  5. #5

    Default

    Dpeends on what you are trying to achieve. Weight loss and toning? You cutting weight? Whats the rest of the diet? Whats the training regime? You training staight after nreakfast? All you have to do is look at what you are combining in the breakfast

    Banannas - great source of potasium natural suger and fibre great for just before a workout - beneficial effects are pretty immeidate

    Porridge - contain B vitamins, vitamin E and minerals including calcium and iron - basically they also keep you feeling full for longer preventing you snacking

    Nutella - its not all hazelnuts and milk - infact the combined percentage of these ingredients is under 20% - also apart from vitamin E (10% RDA) it has fuck all else except large amounts of added sugar - so in summary the additonal of nutella is more likelly to make you crash out after 30 mins then benefit you

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    centre of the earth
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bateman View Post
    Peanut Butter .. nutella is for girls, also add in some whey protein
    Nutella is amazing , but I do like peanut butter . For girls how can you say such things

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    centre of the earth
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinSubz02 View Post
    Dpeends on what you are trying to achieve. Weight loss and toning? You cutting weight? Whats the rest of the diet? Whats the training regime? You training staight after nreakfast? All you have to do is look at what you are combining in the breakfast

    Banannas - great source of potasium natural suger and fibre great for just before a workout - beneficial effects are pretty immeidate

    Porridge - contain B vitamins, vitamin E and minerals including calcium and iron - basically they also keep you feeling full for longer preventing you snacking

    Nutella - its not all hazelnuts and milk - infact the combined percentage of these ingredients is under 20% - also apart from vitamin E (10% RDA) it has fuck all else except large amounts of added sugar - so in summary the additonal of nutella is more likelly to make you crash out after 30 mins then benefit you
    Lots to think about, but would you say peanut butter would be better or use a choco flavour protein shake

  8. #8

    Default

    Has anyone ever tried going strict paleo?
    MMA is not a charity

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loves nutella View Post
    Lots to think about, but would you say peanut butter would be better or use a choco flavour protein shake
    Most important thing of a diet is that it works for you and what you are trying to achieve. I am not big on protein shakes - never really needed them but clearly they are great for muscle mass and to some degree recovery. You clearly like Nutella - hence your screen name. Therfore create a diet/regime that can incorporate this kind of high suger energy breakfast - because the danger is a crash from the sugars you can easily combat this. I would do this breakfast with a smallish bowl 45 mins before a circuit and I would definitely take something further to negate the sugar crash half way through the circuit during a designated rest period. If you are looking for mass and definition that could be your first protein shake of the day - but there is little point talking if I dont know your goals and your training regime

    Peanut butter is great - I love it but it is very fatty and the type of fat that means if you are trying to get maximum efficiency out of your foods you will need to reduce all other fats throughout the day which can be a major pain in the ass
    Last edited by ShaolinSubz02; 21-12-2011 at 04:15 PM.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Razorstorm View Post
    Has anyone ever tried going strict paleo?
    I remember talking to someone on the forum who has - can't remember who

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.