Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: food for fighters

Why do people recommend a protein shake for breakfast, whats wrong with real food?
    Start Wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by 123 MMA View Post
    Why do people recommend a protein shake for breakfast, whats wrong with real food?
    I dont know - it can be a good substitute for breakfast if an ahtlete is cutting weight or maintaing low weight - also as a partner to breakfast if bulking up or on a power program - i dont use protien shakes as I dont fight pro so dont need to maximise strength/power etc and also I like natural sources, I like to use them scientifically when I do inbetween training as an aid to short term recovery rather then a bulking agent

Quote Originally Posted by 123 MMA View Post
    One more thing - decent protein shakes are made up of different things - point is they are chemically designed to be far more efficient then most natural methods of protein or repairing agents, these compnents such as glutemien/amino acids etc leaves less waste products in the body (that usually convert to fat/other waste) - therefore a shake can be far more effective if you are lazy and cant be bothered to design a diet or just dont have the money (Diets done right take planning and can be expensive although this is if you are a snob about food like me)
    Last edited by ShaolinSubz02; 21-12-2011 at 06:12 PM.

Rally nice talking about foods for fighter, and also really nice above comments, guys, i also want to say something about this topic, guys, i think healthy foods, best for fighters because healthy foods, provide power to your body, and also increase body stamina...

restaurants gold coast
    Last edited by Carter04; 14-11-2012 at 07:56 AM.