Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Get your teeth into this one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tez View Post
    There was no MMA scene at all when she was out there, would have been about five years now, CW under the previous ownership was talking about about doing a show but nothing ever came of it obviously. She wanted to carry on training but found it hard to even get a kick boxing class though it may have been more of a problem because of gender rather than anything else, her and her friends nearly got attacked by a mob of Asian men on the beach once. Still we'll have to wait and see I think whether the shows come off this time.
    That's completely accurate. Tam basically has created whatever scene there is since he arrived about three years ago. Prior to him there was nothing credible at all. Very surprised to hear about any potential attack on the beach though as Dubai in relative terms is ridiculously risk-free. There are plenty of labourers who walk along the beach at the weekend in the hope of seeing a Western female in a bikini, but they are too all intents and purposes harmless...

Quote Originally Posted by deserter View Post
    That's completely accurate. Tam basically has created whatever scene there is since he arrived about three years ago. Prior to him there was nothing credible at all. Very surprised to hear about any potential attack on the beach though as Dubai in relative terms is ridiculously risk-free. There are plenty of labourers who walk along the beach at the weekend in the hope of seeing a Western female in a bikini, but they are too all intents and purposes harmless...
    My daughter and her friends, male and female, girls in shorts and t shirts were surrounded by a group of about 50 Asians, they had to escape from the beach with the help of one of the Pakistani stablehands. It was reported by the local English language newspapers.
    "Yes, making mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep" Rudyard Kipling

My daughter and her friends, male and female, girls in shorts and t shirts were surrounded by a group of about 50 Asians, they had to escape from the beach with the help of one of the Pakistani stablehands. It was reported by the local English language newspapers.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not questioning the veracity of the situation, just wanted to point out it's a real anomaly for Dubai and certainly not the norm. To put it in context I've been there for more than a decade bar a stint back in the UK and have never heard of an equivalent situtation even though I've been working in the media there during that time. She was clearly unlucky and I hope it hasn't tarnished her memories of the place too much.

Quote Originally Posted by deserter View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not questioning the veracity of the situation, just wanted to point out it's a real anomaly for Dubai and certainly not the norm. To put it in context I've been there for more than a decade bar a stint back in the UK and have never heard of an equivalent situtation even though I've been working in the media there during that time. She was clearly unlucky and I hope it hasn't tarnished her memories of the place too much.
    She had a good time, she only worked a couple of hours each morning, had an apartment complete with maid etc but she honestly found it boring after a while so came home. She's a cheer leading coach now lol! And all those that know her......what you're thinking? It anin't going to happen roflmao

Quote Originally Posted by gatezy78 View Post
    is sum1 winding me up , i've just heard simon boultor is fighting turner ???
    think thats a wind up,however I know simon is skint since his gym went under,man if they did fight that would look like a mismatch ,graham would murder him
    I LOVE YOU LINTON

Quote Originally Posted by megs View Post
    think thats a wind up,however I know simon is skint since his gym went under,man if they did fight that would look like a mismatch ,graham would murder him
    'Bolter' wouldn't turn up anyway.

Yeah I was in Paul's corner lol not that he needed one! he threw his water over Sandy Geddes but it was Pete I felt for as Jenkins was wearing a lovely pair of white shorts with a slowly spreading brown stain across the backside....this is probably the first post recently where the word 'shit' is used in proper context roflmao!
    Worse was to come though, at the end of the fight he gestured like he was going to reach into his shorts and throw it at the machine, who was at the judges position right in front of where we were sitting, needless to say we were ready to move sharpish!
    Scotlands No. 1 Timekeeper also available as a BJJ/No Gi referee

'Bolter' wouldn't turn up anyway.
    lol precisely
    I LOVE YOU LINTON