Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Get your teeth into this one.

They must he winding you up. Simon hasty fought in a long time and I'm sure he got triangled.

The problem is that a forum is private property where 'free speech' is only allowed if the owner says so, he who pays the bills makes the rules. However people can always walk...........
    It's not that I'm argumentative (much) but I've always had the view that if insulted you either come back with sarcasm or a better insult...or just shut up. Insults on here don't hurt (though I got threatened once with violence that we had to take seriously after someone tried to set me up) and I have a vastly inflated sense of fair play, I'll stand up for anyone, I do mean anyone, I've always had the problem of seeing all sides to an argument.
    Voice of reason-----Can't this be sorted without banning people who have had a hugely positive imput into MMA here over the years?
    Voice of cynicism----- arguments attract people, especially about and between fighters, people are always more interested in that than the nice threads.

Can pride be swallowed I wonder and we start 2012 with a decent CW forum again as it was a few years back. Worth a try chaps.
    "Yes, making mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep" Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by boxingbrit View Post
    Cagewarriors is owned by a middle eastern company so they obviously want to have shows locally
    When my daughter lived in Dubai she couldn't get on the CW's forum as the internet is censored and CW wasn't allowed on.

I thought people would of jumped all over the chance of getting one of those belts even if they did have to fight Graham Turner

Also if they cant get time off work for a world title fight there boss is clearly a wanker

Quote Originally Posted by The Tez View Post
    When my daughter lived in Dubai she couldn't get on the CW's forum as the internet is censored and CW wasn't allowed on.
    It depends who your internet provider is. If it's Etisalat CW is banned for some unknown reason, but if you're with Du you can get on it, so I'm in the bizarre situation of not being able to access CW at work but no problems at home.

Someone is winding you up id imagine.

Sparred with Turner this morning and he hasnt been told who he is fighting yet. He was looking foward to fighting Robbie and thought Robbie would be the best guy he has fought to date, he isnt ignorant enough to think Robbie or anyone else is ducking him, considering the guys Robbie has faced in the past.

Robbie v Andy is a cool cool fight, Robbie is obviously a class act and Andy has been brilliant in his last fights.

Quote Originally Posted by deserter View Post
    It depends who your internet provider is. If it's Etisalat CW is banned for some unknown reason, but if you're with Du you can get on it, so I'm in the bizarre situation of not being able to access CW at work but no problems at home.
    She just blamed Jenkins! He tried to pull her shorts down once and blames him for everything, he's lucky really as she once had a pro fighter who shall be un-named in her guard (standing..it was at CW5, he was trying to impress her) and made him cry, literally, she cracked his ribs. Jenkins nearly got crowned with a ring round board. She was training race horses out in Dubai for the Royal Dubai Racing Club, she stayed over when she came back from Thailand earlier this year, said things weren't as good as they used to be moneywise, she was surprised CW were taking shows out there.

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane View Post
    this.is.mental.

oh and I fought Graham on Tuesday and probably again on Friday.

want to make it for a belt Burner? :P we can have shots.....
    Love this..... Made me LOL

Quote Originally Posted by The Tez View Post
    She was training race horses out in Dubai for the Royal Dubai Racing Club, she stayed over when she came back from Thailand earlier this year, said things weren't as good as they used to be moneywise, she was surprised CW were taking shows out there.
    Dubai had a brutal time in 2009/early 2010 but it's bounced back far quicker than anyone anticipated. Some sectors are still suffering such as real estate, but others are booming once again. It's certainly far more buoyant and the general business confidence is far higher than the UK at the moment.
    Having said that, the MMA scene is in its infancy in Dubai - Tam Khan's doing some great pioneering work, but to make a show profitable I'd anticipate you'd need to secure significant sponsorship as ticket sales alone wouldn't be sufficient. However, MMA doesn't have a high enough (or desirable enough) profile to pull in the type of brand who are already active in sports sponsorship such as banks (Standard Chartered sponsor the Dubai Marathon) or aviation (Emirates sponsor the Dubai Rugby 7s).
    Given this, I can only assume that the Middle Eastern 'backer' is prepared to underwrite the cost of the shows on the basis of their long-term viability. Possibly a micro-version of the Zuffa strategy which saw the Fertittas rack up serious losses while establishing the brand?

There was no MMA scene at all when she was out there, would have been about five years now, CW under the previous ownership was talking about about doing a show but nothing ever came of it obviously. She wanted to carry on training but found it hard to even get a kick boxing class though it may have been more of a problem because of gender rather than anything else, her and her friends nearly got attacked by a mob of Asian men on the beach once. Still we'll have to wait and see I think whether the shows come off this time.