Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andre Ward V's Joe Calzaghe

Default Andre Ward V's Joe Calzaghe

You're just gonna love me for bringing this up. We saw last weekend that Andre Ward is the real deal. There is no one at his weight class that is going to beat him right now. My question is: would Ward now beat Calzaghe maybe when around the time he faced Kessler.

boxingbrit

Ward would of beat Calzaghe in his prime

Speaking as a Welshman, there isn't a person on the planet who could have beaten Joe in his prime - as proven by his record!

In fairness though, would be a good scrap, but everyone said the same about Lacy when he came over - next big thing blah blah - Joe pretty much ended his career with the whupping he laid on him - loved that fight.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

boxingbrit

Are you joking or just blinded by your loyalty to your countryman? He was lucky with the timing of his reign, he wouldnt of beat a prime Eubank or Benn let alone a slick master like Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Evzy View Post
    Speaking as a Welshman, there isn't a person on the planet who could have beaten Joe in his prime - as proven by his record!

In fairness though, would be a good scrap, but everyone said the same about Lacy when he came over - next big thing blah blah - Joe pretty much ended his career with the whupping he laid on him - loved that fight.
    I see what you're saying mate. Not being funny but Lacy really looked the part then obviously found out by Joe Calzaghe. He's been found out another 3 times since losing 3 of his last 4 matches. I think Joe's best performance was against Kessler.

Boxing brit says Ward would win with such confidence I'm almost willing to go with him lol

I actually think Ward is a boxers boxer not sure how he'll go down with the ppv audience etc. Technically very good though.

Quote Originally Posted by boxingbrit View Post
    Are you joking or just blinded by your loyalty to your countryman? He was lucky with the timing of his reign, he wouldnt of beat a prime Eubank or Benn let alone a slick master like Ward
    Joe always said Eubank was his hardest fight. We know Eubank took that fight at very short notice and was prob not at his best.

Like Joe very much though and he proved to have an incredible work rate, pit a pat punches and a good chin. So maybe it wouldn't have been as clear cut as we might think between Ward and Calzaghe

How about Ward V's Eubank or Benn?!!

boxingbrit

Good fights, i feel Benn would be too aggressive against a slick boxer. Ward is like a fresh RJJ and i always felt RJJ had just too much for Benn. Eubank before the Watson fight could of taken it

(i'm a bigger Benn fan than anyone but trying to be realistic)

Quote Originally Posted by boxingbrit View Post
    Are you joking or just blinded by your loyalty to your countryman?
    Totally blinded by loyalty to be fair

I do think he would give Ward a run for his money though - Ward didn't put Froch away and I think Joe would have done a number on Froch in his day so on boxing math - it would be closer at the least. Besides, you are forgetting he is Welsh - any nation that can fuck sheep for giggles has to be seriously nuts or hard.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

boxingbrit

I'm from Yorkshire, we taught the Welsh how to catch sheep