Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Andre Ward V's Joe Calzaghe

Quote Originally Posted by boxingbrit View Post
    I'm from Yorkshire, we taught the Welsh how to catch sheep
    All we need now is the Scot who taught us kilts are quieter than zippers and we are set!
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

boxingbrit

Hahahahahaha

Calzaghe's thoughts on Ward after the Froch fight

“Watched the Froch v Ward fight gain. Ward is a good fighter but def beatable.”
    It's a tricky one. Ward's looked really impressive so far but one doubt I have on him is his cardio. Even this last fight with Froch he looked knackered them last 2 rounds and that was a fight he was pretty much having his way in. With the pace Calzaghe liked to set in his fights I think his workrate could give Ward problems.

Still, Ward's tricky to deal with and I've got a feeling he would give Joe a close fight.

I see Andre Ward as the perfect boxer. Froch's cardio is exemplary to be fair so Ward still had a lot of pace to deal with.
    Ward will have nobody left to fight at his weight class and with his body having room for muscle growth, I'm sure it will be inevitable that he moves up a few pounds over the coming years.
    Solid supporter of: Tomasz Adamek. Maurício Rua. Daniel Ghiţă

Yeah that's a good point. Another one of them 'we'll never know' fights. It could have happened around 2008ish but Calzaghe was on the way out and wanted the massive names like Jones and Hopkins. Shame it never happened.