Thread: just bought my Gi, best way not to ruin it?

Hybrid View

Default just bought my Gi, best way not to ruin it?

just bought my first gi, how do i go about washing it ready for saturday and not ruining it?

its a lutador pro star size is 6/190

do i just put in on a 30* wash and dry it over radiators?

thanks in avance guys

yeah, about 30* if you dont want it to shrink much, i'd just hand dry, it, i dont put mine on the radiotor

Doesn't apply with your gi, I think, but some gis with rubber collars can warp when put on a radiator, so sometimes that's not such a good idea. I air dry mine, just to be safe.
    Grappling Record: 215 W (134 SUBs) - 85 L (13 SUBs) - 2 D
    Amateur MMA Record: 15 W (14 SUBs) - 0 L - 2 D

The Jiujitsu Game - A Competitor's Videolog

Proudly sponsored by Black Eagle & Scramble

My cat's name is Mittens ralphylad's Avatar

No no no not the lut no matter what you do the shrinkage on these muthers is a joke, cold wash, even 30 will reduce it, hang on a coat hanger or over banister, you will still notice the lut shrinks regardless, i do chin ups on mine as its so small now
    "I honestly can't even remember my old signature, so I'll have this one"

I've always coldwashed mine straight after every session. Put some oxy whitener in there unless you like yellow gis.
    When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail.

Meerkatsu wrote a very nice piece on this:
    The Part Time Grappler - Just Google BJJ / Grappling Tips and you'll find me