Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Name a really terrible uk mma fighter

Quote Originally Posted by AlanS View Post
    So this thread is for people sat behind a monitor, to ridicule fighters for not exactly excelling at something the keyboard warrior would never have the skill/motivation/fitness to do themselves? Why name and shame those that actually get up and do it?
    First thing I thought, too, but on reflection; you sadly have this (albeit small) culture of "fighters" here in the UK (and, indeed, other countries) who enter fights with no intention of actually fighting and competing; but simply to score a pay cheque and tell people they're a cage fighter.

I don't know the names of any (though I have read about a few in the past) but they basically sign up for a fight; get in the cage/ ring and quit really quickly (ala Bob Sapp), they'll do this every 2 weeks and rarely even train.

If a fighter trains hard, gets in there and gives t his all, but still loses. Even if he loses every fight of his career; I'll respect him 100%, however the guys who just step in there, towel already in hand, just to collect some coin are dicks.

Nathan Thompson is a dangerous opponent who will fight anyone

Actually this thread was my feeble attempt at making Mcveigh feel uncomfortable.
    He hilariously turned it around on me, making me look foolish.
    It was never intended to be a serious discussion.
    PROFESSIONAL MMA SHIT.
    LIKES FREE STUFF.
    GIVE ME MONEY.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanS View Post
    So this thread is for people sat behind a monitor, to ridicule fighters for not exactly excelling at something the keyboard warrior would never have the skill/motivation/fitness to do themselves? Why name and shame those that actually get up and do it?
    Yeah something like that. People on forums are dicks.

I reckon I am up there with some of the terrible fighters to be honest!
    Dan 'Vybz' Welsh 63Kg Pro 11-25-0 danwelsh86@gmail.com

I'm in the mix there somewhere too, but at least I'm getting on a list somewhere!!!

why is this even talked about doesn't matter about skill level if you climb in the cage knowing your going to get knocked out or tapped out.. or even going to tap somebody out or knock them out.. then that alone deserves respect for getting in there in the first place...

stoopid, dis respectful thread

I probably qualify for this now, due to me only training now and again after I got made redundant a year ago.

I did few days work at the end of February. But I quit after them making out it was Mon-Wed 9am-7pm, but it was only on a when you are required and you must drop what ever you are doing when we phone you.
    58KG (126 lbs) Wuss, the same weight as my 13 year old nephew.

Quote Originally Posted by DanWelsh View Post
    I reckon I am up there with some of the terrible fighters to be honest!
    I don't think so Dan, you take on opponents other people wont and you fight to the very end. respect.