Thread: Major lower back Pain.

Default Major lower back Pain.

Hi , Rosi i have had lower back pain for a number of years which seems to come and go .I have had an MRI scan and was diagnosed as having a slight prolapsed disc but there would be no need for surgery. I spent alot of time doing core routines and the pain went . Just recently the pain has come back but is twice as bad and it only occurs when i am sitting or driving and it becomes unbearable at times.I train on a daily basis , sometimes twice a day and i do not feel it even when grappling , its only when i am sitting that this pain creeps in ...Am i damaging myself more by training with this injury or could you recommend some stuff i could do to eleviate the pain when i am resting....

Rosi Sexton
    Pro Fighter
    Female MMA Mod

The main movement that you should avoid is anything involving flexion of the lower back. So doing lots of guard work, or lifting (badly) is probably inadvisable. However, staying generally active is known to be a good thing.

Also, if you aren't already, it's probably worth getting back to doing the exercises you were doing before - providing these aren't intensely painful.

One of the most important things to do is to sort out your sitting and driving position. Check out these blogs, and if you have any more questions, just ask.

Lower back pain, part 1
    Lower back pain, part 2
    Back pain and sitting
    Hip hinging
    Looking for injury, rehab or nutrition advice? visit combatsportsclinic.com

Fighting out of Next Generation

Thanks ill take this on board and introduce the hip hinging as part of my warm up and avoid being on my back and in gaurd till it settles again ....

really interesting I have a problem with my lower back as well on and off for the last 10 years it feels like pressure in the centre of my lower back I am going to have a look at the hip hinging link