Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Rogan v Mario Yamasaki

Hybrid View

Default Joe Rogan v Mario Yamasaki

What do the refs in residence think of the way Joe Rogan stuck a mic in Mario's face after he disqualified Erick Silva and challenged him to justify the decision?

On a broader note- should refs explain why they made controversial decisions or should they stay keep quiet?
    www.bloodyrevolution.wordpress.com

Joe Rogan is a scumbag. He has no right to put a ref on the spot like that from his comfy little commentary desk at the side.
    When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlasmma View Post
    Joe Rogan is a scumbag. He has no right to put a ref on the spot like that from his comfy little commentary desk at the side.
    This. I was cringing. Yamasaki was standing waiting to chat though- he should have went away.

Personally, with Dana's dislike of Mario, I think Joe was probably encouraged to do so.
    I don't believe in belts. There should be no ranking system for toughness.

It was bang out of order. I'd have had a few choice words for him.

Bottom line is there were blows to the back of the head and the fighter couldn't continue so in the rules Mario made the right decision.

IMO Rogan was out of order in his actions. A fighter and coaches have the right to ask a referee about his decision. Rogan does not and Mario did not have to explain himself to Rogan - especially in the cage immediately after the fight.

Also, IMO, I thought Mario's decision was the correct one. There were 3 illegal shots to the back of the head. As the injured fighter could no longer continue, then the offending fighter is to be DQ'd.
    REFEREE with MMA Officials

Just like Enty's fight? when he suffered illegal blows to the back of his head?
    I don't believe in belts. There should be no ranking system for toughness.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHillman View Post
    Just like Enty's fight? when he suffered illegal blows to the back of his head?
    I believe that such decisions are called "Enty Situations" across the MMA world.
    www.bloodyrevolution.wordpress.com

Not like Enty. This fighter was really hurt and couldn't continue.

I'm sorry guys Rogan is not in the wrong, why did Mario allow himself to be interviewed in the ring moments after the fight? I'm not blowing smoke up Marc Goddards arse but if Joe beckoned him over after what could be a controversial stoppage I'm 100% there would be a shake of the head/hand and he would leave the ring, he simply wouldn't stand there moments later trying to justify himself! Mario was wholey unprofessional for allowing himself to be in that situation and Joe was simply being a cheeky commentator for trying his luck
    Gary.

Doesn't have a signature anymore