Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe Rogan v Mario Yamasaki

I'm not saying Rogan being mouthy is the reason it should be overturned. I'm saying it wouldn't surprise me if the UFC did.

“We’re gonna pay him like he won the fight,” White stated. “I would appeal it if I was him.”

With no sanctioning body for MMA in Brazil, any appeal of Yamasaki’s decision will go through Mark Ratner, the UFC’s president of regulatory affairs.
    Sounds to me like they consider the blow accidental in the process of the final flurry and will react accordingly.
    ''Fren let me tell you, purple must smash people. SMASH THEM...that is hequirement for purple. Purple belt dangerus man, if purple belt cannot smash he not real purple'' - CREONTE
    Follow me on Twitter

Rosi Sexton
    Pro Fighter
    Female MMA Mod

I'm not going to comment on whether it was more Rogan's fault or Yamasaki's for being drawn in, but the fact that it happened made the UFC as a whole look shockingly amateur (IMO).
    Looking for injury, rehab or nutrition advice? visit combatsportsclinic.com

Fighting out of Next Generation

In my opinion, for what its worth, Mario repeatedly said to him 'Watch the back of the head' and they were border line legal, and worthy of a warning, then after the warnings, Bang, a solid one hits. It is justified right there to stop the fight from an illegal blow that landed after repeated warning from a ref protecting the other fighter. Mario didn't jump in during the borderline strikes he simply reminded him to watch his target. he didn't adhere to the warnings and still landed a back of head shot. The guy could not carry on due to the illegal strike therefore DQ.

Simon.
    Sponsored By www.faixarua.net

the knee that Silva threw didn't even land, it was the punches that hurt Prater, and the most damaging ones seemed to be the shots to the back of the head, i was a good call imo, and rogan was out of order to put yamasaki on blast like that

Whether yamasaki was right or wrong the post fight actions made a mockery of the sport, referees and the respect that should be given to them.
    i think it's the first time i've ever seen a major sporting org do something like this, i.e. basically slag off the officials, put them on the spot and question them infront of a mega audience of spectators worldwide, highly unprofessional i thought.

referees make cock ups in sports around the world, it should be dealth with professionally behind closed doors. whether rogan is a commentator chancing his luck is irrelevant too, he's a face of the UFC and the sport and should (like all fighters) respect the referees and those who try their best to do their job. The decision sucked, but i felt the aftermath was far worse than the referees decision itself.
    football managers get fined massively for even criticising a ref publically, let alone drag them onto a microphone infront of millions of viewers to explain their decision! it was a joke.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Quote Originally Posted by rosi View Post
    i'm not going to comment on whether it was more rogan's fault or yamasaki's for being drawn in, but the fact that it happened made the ufc as a whole look shockingly amateur (imo).
    ^ this, qft.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Manager Wallid Ismail would like his client Erick Silva's loss changed to a win, or at the very least, a no-contest.

As early as next week, he could get an answer. Ismail today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that UFC Vice President of Regulatory Affairs Marc Ratner has assured him a review of the Silva vs. Carlo Prater, which took place this past Saturday at UFC 142.
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/27027/ufc-...ie.com+Feed%29
    ''Fren let me tell you, purple must smash people. SMASH THEM...that is hequirement for purple. Purple belt dangerus man, if purple belt cannot smash he not real purple'' - CREONTE
    Follow me on Twitter

Not a thing wrong with what Rogan OR Yamasaki did. Both did their jobs, Rogan's job is to ask questions of the fighters/ref's, Yamasaki made the right call. I don't think Dana/UFC 'pushed' Rogan towards interviewing Mario, and at the same time Mario didn't have to stand there and answer the questions, he did.

I was pretty confused right after the fight and the questions/answers/video breakdown explained the situation direct from the decision makers (Mario's) perspective, it made sense, show moved on. I think a lot of you people don't really like Rogan to start with, maybe's thats wehere your angst stems from?

Rosi Sexton
    Pro Fighter
    Female MMA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by shielsy View Post
    Not a thing wrong with what Rogan OR Yamasaki did. Both did their jobs, Rogan's job is to ask questions of the fighters/ref's, Yamasaki made the right call. I don't think Dana/UFC 'pushed' Rogan towards interviewing Mario, and at the same time Mario didn't have to stand there and answer the questions, he did.

I was pretty confused right after the fight and the questions/answers/video breakdown explained the situation direct from the decision makers (Mario's) perspective, it made sense, show moved on. I think a lot of you people don't really like Rogan to start with, maybe's thats wehere your angst stems from?
    I don't have a problem with Rogan. I just don't think it's professional for a referee (in any sport) to be interrogated by a commentator about his judgements while still in the arena, immediately after it takes place. It looks unprofessional, and undermines the credibility and authority of the referee. Even if a referee does have doubts that he made the right decision (and let's face it - it's a tough job and nobody's perfect), what's he supposed to say exactly in those circumstances - "uh, yeah, sorry guys, I f***ed that one up"....? That's why there's an official process for these things.
    Looking for injury, rehab or nutrition advice? visit combatsportsclinic.com

Fighting out of Next Generation

It's an extremely tough job, end of the day though, he stood there and answered, he didn't have to, but he did...and as it happend he got the decision bang on right, stood his ground in mentioned mid-octagon interview and didn't come off in any sort of bad light. Rogans job as a commentator is to ask questions, he did, Mario didnt lose an ounce of credibility in my opinion.

I guess I dont see it as big of a problem as everyone else, maybes if it was more of a personal attack on Mario, Rogan just asked him if he thought the call was right, he did, it was, end of comotion.