Thread: hip / groin pain.

Default hip / groin pain.

Recently I've been getting hip pain and groin pain a lot. Don't recall a specific thing that injured it again, just general bjj training I guess. If I lie on my back feet flat knees bent and let my knees fall apart, i sometimes cannot bring the knees back together as my groin kind of Locks out on the right side. I literally have to roll to my right side and bring my knees together and then roll back onto my back. if I do a knee raise on the right side whilst standing and then circle the knee outwards it grinds and clicks pretty bad and the circle of movement is about 70% of the left.

im also getting a continuous pain about 4 fingers width down from the bony part at the front of my hip. not sure if this is some kind of referred pain or a separate injury. is there any rehabbing or specific stretching I can do for this at home?

Rosi Sexton
    Pro Fighter
    Female MMA Mod

Hi Graham

I'd need to have a look to give you anything specific.

From what you've said, I'd query whether there might be a problem inside the hip joint itself. There's several things that might be going on, but an acetabular labrum tear is a possibility that I wouldn't want to miss.

Where are you based?
    Looking for injury, rehab or nutrition advice? visit combatsportsclinic.com

Fighting out of Next Generation

Salisbury! Anyone you can recommend near me?

Rosi Sexton
    Pro Fighter
    Female MMA Mod

I can't think of anyone in Salisbury itself, but one of my former classmates practises in Bristol, and he's excellent. http://www.thecarterpractice.co.uk/
    Looking for injury, rehab or nutrition advice? visit combatsportsclinic.com

Fighting out of Next Generation