Thread: Starting Off For MMA

Default Starting Off For MMA

Hi Brendan. I've been training for about a year now with a group called Crazy Monkey on the Isle of Man. We train for self preservation, as a functional martial art rather than to compete as a sport and only train stand up, boxing, kick boxing, clinch etc. I started more for my fitness than anything else but have really enjoyed it and want to carry on at a higher level.
    I am due to move back to England in May, moving to Surrey, so will be looking for a new club to train with. Although this time training full MMA with the aim to compete in the future.
    My fitness is ok, not the best by any means but I get by in the 1.5 hours we train for twice a week and sparring for an hour every week.
    Have you got any advice as to what sort of level of fitness I need to get to be competitive in the future?
    I don't wanna turn up somewhere to train and look a completely out of shape compared to everyone else.
    Only thing that really sucks is my flexibility, so will be looking out for your stretching advice too.
    Thanks.

Gareth

Yo Gareth,
    Check out these webinars on the subject they should answer your questions!

Webinars
    S&C Made Easy: http://www.brendanchaplin.co.uk/ twitter @brendanchaplin

Thanks mate, will give me something to watch while I have a quiet afternoon at work.