Thread: MMA Industry Bitches

Default MMA Industry Bitches

Mr. Baked Bean you have lots of knowledge in this industry can you put some light on all the rubbish that goes on why all the bitching from people who claim to want the sport to grow ?

There are a number of people who say they want the sport to grow but they speak bad of everyone who attempts to do it.

Is it an industry standard to bitch about everyone ?

Are you not excepted until you speak bad of a promotion or of someone ?
    Last edited by TheReem; 25-01-2012 at 03:46 PM.
    Joey Essex is my hero, he's Reem.

Thats nothing unique to our sport or in fact any industry unfortunatly.

Ive said many times before that when a governing body does finally arrive at least 80% of the people screaming for it now will be calling it shit and even rejecting it.

But that is just the way things always are.

A government can get into power with 40% of the votes which means 60% of the voters didnt vote for their government and are going to bitch.
    Not to mention that within the 40% of people that voted for the government at least 50% of them will be bitching about one thing or another anyway and then when you consider only half the country actually voted there is allot of bitching in England.

The situation we are seeing now in UKMMA is also the differing levels of motivation and agenda.

Most people involved want it to grow but in differing percentages in proportion to say how much money they want to make from it or how important the rule sets they use are to them.

So promoter (A) loves MMA but couldnt afford to drug test all his athletes so he is going to fight against that legislation as it could shut him down if enforced.

But promoter (B) has a great TV deal and sponsorships to is pushing it forward

Then promoter (C) Wants people to attract a broader variety of fans but then only venue he can afford is surrounded by yobs who want to go cage fighting and drink beer so he has to market to them.

Promoter (D) is based next to a boxing and Kick boxing school so he puts a 10sec standup rule when the fight hits the grounds or his local fan base wont come to see.

There are 1000s of examples from the rules to the ring girls. (although I think we all agree on the No Monsters rule?)

As far as being respected for bitching, Take Ian Dean and Marc Goddard for example, two of the most respected men in UKMMA but I personally have never seen or heard them say a bad word about any individual promotion.

Last edited by BakedBean; 25-01-2012 at 06:03 PM.

To be fair i have slagged off a lot of promotions / bad practices

Trouble with MMA, especially UK MMA is that the passion you have for the sport can often cloud your best judgement and can put you in a bad spot.

That being said some people just "do" events or are a part of the scene for all the wrong reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by BakedBean View Post

There are 1000s of examples from the rules to the ring girls. (although I think we all agree on the No Monsters rule?)

As far as being respected for bitching, Take Ian Dean and Marc Goddard for example, two of the most respected men in UKMMA but I personally have never seen or heard them say a bad word about any individual promotion.
    very well explained I have to agree with you baked bean marc goddard and ian dean are the two main guys that I see as dudes who are there to help and not bitch or slag off others great examples there mr baked bean

You've obviously not asked Marc about other ref/promoters in the uk...
    MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative

gimp no I have not asked marc but do you agree ? do you think there are too many bitches in this industry sometimes I read more bitching comments online by people who should be using their experience to support and help thats why I started this tread to ask the question of mma bitches and if its the industry standard to just bitch about everyone

There is a considerable differnce between being critical of something that is blatantly wrong for example putting on a show with no medical staff or just saying somebodies show is shit because there posters look like a Master P CD cover.

Sure EVERYBODY will call something that sucks a pile of shit in conversation to their friends but going on a public forum to do it is not something everybody does and my point is that it doesnt really have any baring on how much they are respected in my opinion.