Hi guys, looking for some help and advice.

At the moment I train twice a week, each session is 1.5 hours. I also only get to spar for an hour once every other week due to work commitments.

Now when I am at training I work as hard as I possibly can and really enjoy it. However I have a trade off as I my diet is pretty shit. I tell myself that I can enjoy the shit food I want as I work hard at training.

When I started training I was 5 8" and about 195lb. I dropped weight, to around 170lb and became a lot fitter. Then as my training continued I settled at a weight of 180lb but I feel healthy which was my main factor for starting training.

At the moment I train with a group called Crazy Monkey on the Isle of Man. I have been training for about a year now. We train primarily for self preservation as a functional martial art. I am gonna be moving back to England, Surrey, in May and want to start training full MMA at a gym with the end goal being able to compete in time.

So with my goals now changing from fitness to competition I really want to sort my diet out and herein lies the problem. I literally have no idea where to start. So was hoping some of you guys could help me out and point me in the right direction.

I'm looking for ideas of what and when to eat. Things I can eat for breakfast, snacks during the day, lunch, tea, pre and post training foods, etc. Anything like that would be great. Any tips on what foods to avoid as well would be helpful too.

Sorry for the long winded post and sorry if I sound like a bit of a noob, but in reality when it comes to a correct diet I'm clueless.

Thanks in advance for any help and tips.