Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The EDL what do we think of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    National identity may not be a big deal you welsh or Scots, but to the English we're a fighting nation and have a lot of pride. Yes, we've been invaded by a lot of different countries, had a lot of wars, but that's shaped us into who we are today, and some people have a pride in that. I don't see anything wrong with someone having a pride in their country, especially the UK (which is pretty much England anyway).
    It's comments like this that makes people look down and the English. Being an Englishman living in Scotland I get alot of stick as too many people make these 'arrogant' type comments that are supposed to be taken as a 'joke', there is seriousness to that statement as much as you say it was sort of a joke!

I obviously try to defend the English and the comments people make but sometimes you just have to accept that some you can't defend. I also agree that all nations are guilty of racism, facism etc but tends to be minorities within
    If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

I have never understood the idea of being 'proud where you come from'. It is just down to luck where you are born. I don't understand how you can have pride connected to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Temeura View Post
    I have never understood the idea of being 'proud where you come from'. It is just down to luck where you are born. I don't understand how you can have pride connected to that.
    Me too. I have no inclination to scream out that I'm English or anything else like it.
    MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative

England is great only because it raped and pillaged every other country it invaded.
    ICON Jiu Jitsu

The only bars i go to are Arm Bars, Knee Bars and a Mars Bar

Quote Originally Posted by r-v View Post
    England is great only because it raped and pillaged every other country it invaded.
    is there any countries in the world that hasnt done the same?

I've been to 6 EDL marches and I am proud to say I have.
    Haven't been in a while and I admit its not perfect, but they seem to be the only ones standing up for our rights. As for the race issue I don't have too much of a problem living in wales. But for areas like London where the indigenous white people will soon be lower than 50% of the population I think its totally wrong and unacceptable it has happened to the native Americans and aborigines, whats to say it wont happen here?
    Last edited by Taffinator; 05-02-2012 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffinator View Post
    I've been to 6 EDL marches and I am proud to say I have.
    Haven't been in a while and I admit its not perfect, but they seem to be the only ones standing up for our rights. As for the race issue I don't have too much of a problem living in wales. But for areas like London where the indigenous white people will soon be lower than 50% of the population I think its totally wrong and unacceptable it has happened to the native Americans and aborigines, whats to say it wont happen here?
    Indigenous? Well, are all the people here indigenous Britains? or are they from the Saxons, Romans etc...? I think your point is about 'white' and that is just racist bullshit!

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    National identity may not be a big deal you welsh or Scots, but to the English we're a fighting nation and have a lot of pride. Yes, we've been invaded by a lot of different countries, had a lot of wars, but that's shaped us into who we are today, and some people have a pride in that. I don't see anything wrong with someone having a pride in their country, especially the UK (which is pretty much England anyway).
    ^ This!

It's been 946 years since England was last invaded, it's daft to suggest a nation hasn't established itself its own culture/traditions etc over that time period.

We're animals and animals by very nature are territorial, people used to fight and die for their country and have done since history began. it's not really all that shocking revelation that someone can be proud of their area. it's a very english trait to be critical of the country, living in Oz you notice a huge difference in mind set, an Australian won't hear a bad word said about the place...
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

This is a load of bollox anyway, this kind of discussion can only be argued out face to face. Anyone living here should be willing to give their life for their country without question if required to do so end of.
    Last edited by Taffinator; 05-02-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffinator View Post
    This is a load of bollox anyway, this kind of discussion can only be argued out face to face. Anyone living here should be willing to give their life for their country without question if required to do so end of.
    Give my life for my country? Fuck no! Why would I want to do such a stupid thing?