Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The EDL what do we think of them?

Quote Originally Posted by brashleyholland View Post
    It's these bloody Muslamic Infidels and their Iraqi laws I tells ya!!

Fuck this I'm goin' on a march!
    I love that guy, he is such a great advert for EDL.

Quote Originally Posted by Temeura View Post
    I love that guy, he is such a great advert for EDL.
    It was genius is it wrong that I feel slightly sorry for him, now the whole country knows hes a tool

Damn those Muslamic ray guns raping 15 year olds...

MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative

You walk past the small groups of indian/pakistani/bangladeshi men and see the look of hatred on their faces.
    All I'm saying.
    Last edited by ScubaD; 01-02-2012 at 12:48 AM.

for me, there are some important questions to be asked about the importance of national identity or whether we are prepared to sacrifice that for some sort of 'human' identity. However, the debate can never properly be had because, on the one side, undeducated and unreasonable bigots hoover up sensationalist headlines and, on the other side, idiotic politically correct activists prohibit legitimate questions for fear of being declared a bigot. This combination prevents any sort of reasonable discussion on the whole issue.t.

The EDL are idiots but there are some legitimate questions that they touch upon that need to be addressed at some point by people far smarter than me

Quote Originally Posted by Soreshins View Post
    The EDL are idiots but there are some legitimate questions that they touch upon that need to be addressed at some point by people far smarter than me
    Rayguns not included

for me, there are some important questions to be asked about the importance of national identity or whether we are prepared to sacrifice that for some sort of 'human' identity. However, the debate can never properly be had because, on the one side, undeducated and unreasonable bigots hoover up sensationalist headlines and, on the other side, idiotic politically correct activists prohibit legitimate questions for fear of being declared a bigot. This combination prevents any sort of reasonable discussion on the whole issue.t.

Why are questions of 'national identity' important now? After the Saxons, Vikings, Romans, Normans etc... what is the national identity? Or is it still in tact after those lot cos they were white?
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

i think this more or less sums it up.

the tactics the EDL use is wrong on many levels and the type of people it attracts is the wrong people to address the issue. yes i agree with the get "muslim bombers off our streeets" thing they chant, but out of a couple of million muslims in this country (i think its something like 3% of the population) there was like half a dozen that have blown stuff up so its a bit insulting to the ones that just get on with their lives.

rob all them you mentioned were white but they still had a simular culture to us so it wouldnt have been a shock to the system so to speak when they mingled with the population at the time. maybe its because it was hundreds of years ago (thousands in the case of the romans) that people dont worry about them?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    Why are questions of 'national identity' important now? After the Saxons, Vikings, Romans, Normans etc... what is the national identity? Or is it still in tact after those lot cos they were white?
    National identity may not be a big deal you welsh or Scots, but to the English we're a fighting nation and have a lot of pride. Yes, we've been invaded by a lot of different countries, had a lot of wars, but that's shaped us into who we are today, and some people have a pride in that. I don't see anything wrong with someone having a pride in their country, especially the UK (which is pretty much England anyway).