Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The best combat gear on the market?

Default The best combat gear on the market?

As the owner of a major ecommerce business (www.fightshop.com) within MMA, I am always interested to hear what people believe to be the best brands on the market. In terms of gloves, general equipment/apparel....we stock it all so will not be offended but again, een to get your take on what is "the best!" Cheers guys!

Its gotta be Fairtex or Twins
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge

Thai Pads - Fairtex
    Gloves - Twins
    Shins - Sandee

Having said that - i've just bought some Top King shins and Gloves and they are excellent

And where would you typically buy the gear? Clubs/gyms or online/high street? (I dont want this to be a selling thread, I just want to understand the routes that most of the brands use....)

Gloves - Cleto reyes
    Boots - Adidas
    Gi - Lucky

online....

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

I have picked up most of my stuff on trips to Thailand but also pick up stuff online as there are no shops nearby that sell a good selection of gear. I just ordered some Raja custom made 16oz gloves online and they came direct from Thailand no hassle.

a decent uk supplier of Top King would be awesome.
    I don't believe in belts. There should be no ranking system for toughness.

Twins / Fairtex / Title

I pick most of my stuff up from gym shop and so does everyone in the gym as you can
    try the kit on and see how it feels,

I dont buy online as much as I used to
    Joey Essex is my hero, he's Reem.

I have 10 oz MTG gloves that are great, Sandee 16oz gloves which are brilliant and twins shin pads that also do well even though they take a bashing. Also got a couple pairs of top king shorts cos i love their crazy colours.

I have had cheap kit in the past but would never buy anything like that again because it never lasts.

I always buy online because its cheaper and my choice of website is usually a mix of price and reputation. I find the cheapest, often using money off codes, and check that they are a reputable company. I wouldnt buy from fightshop due to being too expensive.

Im not based in the uk at the moment, Ive always used twins, I think from tradition rather than being better;but have to give a thumbs up for Top King and Boon as well. Top King shorts are a little shorter than Twins ones, but their equipment has good life. Boon are well made quality products.