Thread: Most used exercises and interval training method

Hybrid View

Default Most used exercises and interval training method

Hi All,

Just as a matter of interest which are peoples most commonly used exercises for building strength and power?

And which interval training work:rest interval do you most commonly use in your training to develop your endurance? 5 min rounds, 30s etc etc?

All thoughts very helpful,

Thanks!
    S&C Made Easy: http://www.brendanchaplin.co.uk/ twitter @brendanchaplin

Brendan - I try to use Squat/dead/ single leg variations for strength (Boyle recommends a split squat with elevated foot which I have played with) Power - Power clean / snatch depending on level of athlete. If they are not that great just jump squats. Plyo's obviously but my gym is quite small in length so bounding is difficult! I like using tornado ball and light med ball thows/slams.

Generally for intervals I will do a 5 min total workout time, but divide that into smaller segments: i.e. 10:20 / 30/30 or tabata, depending on what we are doing. TBH I suggest that most of our conditioning comes from sparring and pad drills. I really like your articles etc on the importance of rest as a training aid. I dont like too many hard sessions per week.

Hope this helps

B
    www.conceptfitnessuk.com (Strength & Conditioning in Essex) www.themmaclinic.com

Thats great Brett thanks for your input.....any other thoughts out there???
    S&C Made Easy: http://www.brendanchaplin.co.uk/ twitter @brendanchaplin

No worries Brendan - like what you're doing with the forum. p.s. I left out sprints!!
    www.conceptfitnessuk.com (Strength & Conditioning in Essex) www.themmaclinic.com