Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: chisora and haye disgrace boxing

i fought haye doesnt have a boxing lincense haye a purple belt anit he .. he wants it on the ground for a sub lol john boy where is haye hidein i wanna get some training done with him

Quote Originally Posted by oldwolf View Post
    call me cynical or what, but it wouldn't surprise me to find that Warren had organised a confrontation to hype up a domestic clash and then it got out of hand, making the possible clash even more marketable.
    There you have it, wouldn't surprise me to find the outcome and next oponent has already been decided.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Ah man, fair play with that first prediction, but the second seems a tad far fetched to be honest.

This is the best thing to happen to the domestic heavyweight division in years. Sure, there was some pushing and shoving, and a quick death threat... but nothing awful, Christ, it's boxing. There are going to be some lively characters ffs.

I think the British board should haul them in for a grilling, tell them not to fuck about, tell them to apologise with sincerity, grant them licenses on the condition that they visit a load of boxing clubs up and down the country, pose for the cameras and do some positive news stories.

If then they put it on sky, put on a wicked fight under the bbbc's conspicuously careful eye, then get chisora, haye and warren to pay significant amounts to youth boxing organisations out of their purses/profits... job's a good'n.
    Last edited by Jimmy Boogaloo; 08-05-2012 at 07:21 PM.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

cry me a river

Quote Originally Posted by Wlad
    "It's a freak show under freak rules," he said. "It's a spit in the face of the British Boxing Board of Control.

"To get a licence for this man (Chisora) is disgraceful for the sport.

"How can you have such an event featuring a man who has shown his behaviour to the world, especially considering what he did at the press conference, where he threatened Haye. It's something that isn't good for the fans and sport.

"How's it possible that this is happening on British soil?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    "I don't like him. I will do the c***."
    hahaha that's the spirit

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...he-titles.html
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    Ah man, fair play with that first prediction, but the second seems a tad far fetched to be honest.

This is the best thing to happen to the domestic heavyweight division in years. Sure, there was some pushing and shoving, and a quick death threat... but nothing awful, Christ, it's boxing. There are going to be some lively characters ffs.

I think the British board should haul them in for a grilling, tell them not to fuck about, tell them to apologise with sincerity, grant them licenses on the condition that they visit a load of boxing clubs up and down the country, pose for the cameras and do some positive news stories.

If then they put it on sky, put on a wicked fight under the bbbc's conspicuously careful eye, then get chisora, haye and warren to pay significant amounts to youth boxing organisations out of their purses/profits... job's a good'n.

Thing is this is not good for British Boxing itself in the long-run because we are opening up the gates for any old tom, dick or harry to come along and think they can sanction boxing.. Warren has laughed in the Board's faces lots of times. He started out doing unlicensed boxing in the 70's/80's then moved to pro boxing. Now he is doing it again by exploting a so called loop-hole. End of the day it is still unlicensed if it not Board recognised. Once this happens then all of that hard work in creating rules & regulations and organising strict guidelines so that professional boxers are licensed properly, will go out of the window.

The unlicensed boxing in the UK is a joke (sorry, white collar/semi-pro boxing) these mickey mouse sanctioning bodies don't even insist on medical checks for fighters. Most only have paramedics in attendance. No proper regualtion with regards wrapps, weighing in, etc. A complete joke.

What's not a good thing? The current situation, or taking a pragmatic approach?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    What's not a good thing? The current situation, or taking a pragmatic approach?

To break away from the BBBoC and have rival bodies form. It will basically end up like K1/Kickboxing/Muay Thai/MMA with nodbody knowing exactly who the real champions are because every sanctioning body has to have their own titles? At the minute there is only 1 recognised British champion in each boxing weight. We don't need more, and we don't need foreign bodies influencing our domestic scene or everything from rankings, enforcing rules & regulations, etc, goes out the window.

haye belled me cuple weeks ago gonna train him for this ruck with chisora when i get back from brazil trainin junior to knock the shit outta that muggy mir cunt
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Johny-Boy/215858055149963?ref=ts wbc world champ 19-0

Sun is reporting 17,000 tickets sold on first day. come on BBBC, just give them both licenses and don't let this one slip away...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...t-one-day.html

Barry McGuigan:

This fight may be legal, it may make a lot of money for the participants, and it may be a contest that we all, perversely, want to see, but none of that makes it a good day for British boxing.
    haha

I am aware that the making of this contest breaks no rules and is within the law...
    correct

...yet there is something of greater worth being threatened here, and that is the integrity of the sport and its ability to govern.
    not unless they do a bad job of it.

The authority of the British Boxing Board of Control has been utterly cast aside, which cannot be good for British boxing.
    agreed, but it is their own fault, and the fault of crazy purists who think boxing isn't a fight between two tough bastards. yes, it is a sport but it is also a fight and most boxers do an amazing job of staying disciplined, but you cannot legitimately imagine that boxers will always maintain the same demeanor as show-jumpers ffs. if you keep a pet dragon, however well you train it, you cannot expect it to breathe fire only when you want it to.

Neither does it sit well with me that two British fighters can behave like hooligans in a sporting setting and be rewarded six months down the line without due process taking place.
    calm down, it wasn't that bad. no worse than prime Ali.

It is unfortunate that Dereck Chisora's appeal against having his licence withdrawn has had to be postponed until July. That is surely too long.
    good point. all because someone on the board had a holiday planned, lol, awful.

It might be that the BBBC needs to do better in order to deal more efficiently with the challenges of running a high profile sport.
    agreed, see my earlier posts

But staging a fight in its jurisdiction by circumventing its authority just because it does not suit your purpose is plain wrong in my view.
    yeah, it takes the piss, but if you give someone no options and they can make money another way, they will do so regardless of whether it is respectful or not. blame capitalism lol

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing...chisora-824073