Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pre-workout supp / for energy

Default pre-workout supp / for energy

Apologies if this is a common question,

But looking for advice on any decent supplements (shakes / bars / tablets etc ) that would give me a kick up the arse and less lethargic before training (weights at the gym, or boxing/mma class for example)

If go to the gym in the morning, pre-workout im relying on a couple cups coffee / porridge/ banana...

If I go to a mma / boxing class at night im relying on a carb meal (pasta) couple hours before for energy...

Is there anything anyone recommend (healthy and legal! )

Been looking on 'My Protein' website but alot of options on offer....

Cheers

lot of people use JACK3d which is pretty nuts stuff.. another tip is to smash a load of bcaas they wont give you an instant energy like JACK3d however if you take a load of them (i take 20) they will give you a decent amount of energy about 15-20 mins in.. and should carry you nicely.. that's what I would do ;-)

I use Jack3d occassionally (when I am knackered and don't want to train and it does give you a real kick up the ass and just makes you want to train). I took it before going for a run and wanted to run for ages! A few people from the gym say that Hemo Rage is good but I haven't tried it yet myself.

Quote Originally Posted by al m View Post
    If go to the gym in the morning, pre-workout im relying on a couple cups coffee / porridge/ banana...

If I go to a mma / boxing class at night im relying on a carb meal (pasta) couple hours before for energy...
    Sounds perfect to me, a double esspresso an hour or two before training usually gives me a good kick up the arse. Fruit for the hour before training and whoe grain cabs 2-3 hours before. Plenty of water aswell all day, especially if drinking coffee.
    Twitter: @niall086 Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/niall0

I pretty much non stop drink black coffee.. especially when knackered from getting in late/up early from training.. jack3d is only reserved for very special occasions.. once stitched up a mate with 4 scoops.. had a good laugh after he finished it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gdyne View Post
    lot of people use JACK3d which is pretty nuts stuff..
    Aye iv heard of this.

Guy in my work takes the stuff an recommends it.

But Iv heard of some dodgy side/ after effects?

Apart from the obvious of not being able to get to sleep etc after training, anyone got any other experiences of it?

Cheers

I haven't had any side effects whatsoever from Jack3d.

i use Jack3d and no side effects at all - remember to shake the product before you take a scoop... If not the last couple of scoops can be leathal... All I get is tingly arms every now and then!

Pulse V4 from Myprotein is pretty decent, not as intense as NoXplode etc. Have smashed my way through a few workouts on it to be fair..
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

I use Scitec Nutrition Pow3rd to replace Jack3d since it got banned, awesome, no crash and I love it
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA