Thread: Sore Knees! :-(

Default Sore Knees! :-(

Hi,

Anybody had experience of patella tendonitis and how to heal/manage it. Pretty sure I have it in both knees and while not debilitating its a pain in the arse tbh.

I'm pretty old (41), have Charlie Chaplin feet and am very stiff in the hamstrings. Not sure if one or all of these factors contributes to the situation.

Thanks

Craig :-)
    Talent is God given, be thankful.
    Fame is Man given, be humble.
    Conceit is Self given, be careful.

Rosi Sexton
    Pro Fighter
    Female MMA Mod

Patella tendonitis (or tendonosis) can be tricky to deal with. It usually comes down to something going on with the biomechanics - so yes, your hunch may be correct. Where are you based? I may be able to suggest someone who could help.

If you're looking for ways to manage it yourself, I'd strongly recommend taking a look at Mike Robertson's "bulletproof knees". He crams a lot of really good info into a program that's easy to understand and accessible. Obviously, it would be ideal if you could do this in conjunction with a qualified practitioner who can also assess the problem and give you individual recommendations.
    Looking for injury, rehab or nutrition advice? visit combatsportsclinic.com

Fighting out of Next Generation

Thanks for the help Rosi.

I'm in Dundee, but would be willing to travel to see a good practitioner who could help.

In the meantime I will research the info you have given me.

Thanks again

Talent is God given, be thankful.
    Fame is Man given, be humble.
    Conceit is Self given, be careful.