Thread: MMA qualification

Default MMA qualification

http://www.discovery.uk.com/mixed-ma...tructor-course

Ooooh if there was a governing body. What WOULD be said about this.
    Im saving to take the course and see what's happening.
    No longer playing World of Warcraft. Goodbye fond memories
    FUCK THE ALLIANCE

"This course will teach you how mixed-martial arts (MMA) drills can be used to develop fitness in a non-combative environment. You will also learn the correct techniques for a variety of punches, kicks and other strikes and how to link these up into combinations."

I have a feeling it will be like an embellished boxercise class, which are as far from correct punching technique as you can get whilst claiming it's boxing

ive heard about this being introduced by south lanarkshire council to there gyms.

basically just rebranded boxercise/padfit nonsense

It's a bit mental of them calling it an MMA instructor qualification. Who was their advisor on the creation of the course? Anyone know?
    No longer playing World of Warcraft. Goodbye fond memories
    FUCK THE ALLIANCE

The sad thing is that this would actually be beneficial to some of us, and by that I mean the piece of paper as opposed to the rubbish they'll teach.

I've recently developed a condition in my knee that means I can't grapple, so I've handed over the part of our club that I've been teaching for about eight years to some of our younger fighters to do most of the teaching. This particular part of the club was just one tiny part of the Lancaster and Morecambe MMA pie, and happens to be taught at a University. So what's the first thing the Uni management ask my new guys? "What qualifications do you have?"

Having trained with us for several years and fought for us I know that these guys are 'qualified,' and vouch for them, but lots of people just want 'paper proof,' or at the very least a nice looking belt.
    LANCASTER AND MORECAMBE MMA - Home to Shay Walsh, Matty Steele and Alex 'The Marksman' Makhonin