Thread: This might be a stupid question but...

Default This might be a stupid question but...

Ive got to switch gyms for a while, im not sure how long either. It could be 4 weeks, it could be 6 months or more!
    The thing is my bjj coach has done a lot for me over the last year and i dont want to piss him off to be honest. If i change clubs/coach for a long time then im gonna want to compete so which club would i compete for? Im guessing the club im training with at the time? What about if i change back?

Like i said, this might sound stupid but ive got to change cos im out of work again and ive got no car

I think coaches tend to understand if it due to relocation so i cant see there being any problem.

But im completly out the loop when it comes to BJJ politics so maybe someone else can let you know where you cant go
    Team Rough House - UKs no1 fight team

speak with your coach
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

You'd probably be best trying to figure out how long you're going for first.

If you're there for 4 weeks and happened to be competing in that 4 weeks you should be fully repping your normal gym.

If you're at your new gym for like 6 months and then compete it probably becomes a little more tricky.

Speak to your coach
    OOOOOSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Cheers for the replies. Ill speak to my coach but ive got a feeling hes not gonna like it much. I said to him that this may happen before and he didnt seem happy then tbh.
    Ill crack on and tell him though, better that than just seeing me at a comp representing another club. It would be cool to be able to go back and train with him eventually

Out of interest, what belt are you and how long have you been training?