Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Florida/Disney Holidays info

Quote Originally Posted by LeeP View Post
    try to go outside school holidays if you can. It may be cheaper and the queuing time for rides will down from 2hrs to 15mins.

also, there is a good mma gym just off International Drive!
    We avoid school holidays every time - we have done all the parks over the years and have never queued more than 30 minutes for a ride!!

I would say Sea World has the best roller coaster in Florida!

I trained at Gracie Daytona a couple of times last summer - you got to visit a gym when your away!

ps - remember where you park.... walking around in near 40c heat, high humidity and sun reflecting of the concrete and cars aint a good way to end the day......

Leave the kids with the missus and get to either Gracie barra's, the one on international drive or the one down town Orlando, had some great rolls and sparring at both

Quote Originally Posted by scotty_82 View Post
    Leave the kids with the missus and get to either Gracie barra's, the one on international drive or the one down town Orlando, had some great rolls and sparring at both
    Same jits was at a decent level. Friendly gym too, You could tell they were used to people rolling in and out.
    Team Rough House - UKs no1 fight team

It will just be me and him so won't ba able to go training. I'd planned on eating and drinking loads.

As my son has Aspergers we get a Q jumper so no queues. Sweet.

I don't drive so will be doing it all on public transport. I've looked at international drive and it looks like the best spot. In the centre of shops and restaurants and free trasport to the parks etc.

I'll look into the flights via NYC and see how much a villa is.

Sledge i did it all seperate and it worked out loads cheaper.

Flights through skyscanner and hotel through Hotels.com. Or use expedia mix deal.

Then just book a independant shuttle transfer from the airport (cost about 50/60 quid if i can remember)

The itrolly is like tenner for the week for unlimted stops and a 14 day pass to all the universal parks was like 160 adult i think.

Them virgin packages are a rip off
    Team Rough House - UKs no1 fight team

I don't think you need to go for 2 weeks. We have family down in Florida so I have been there a million times. If you want to do mainly the theme parks thing around Orlando....

Day 1 - Arrive
    Day 2 - Sea World
    Day 3 - Disney Magic Kingdom
    Day 4 - Wet n' Wild Waterpark
    Day 5 - drive to Tampa (about a 2 hour drive. Can squeeze in shopping in either city this day)
    Day 6 - Busch Gardens in Tampa
    Day 7 - back to Orlando
    Day 8 - Universal Studios
    Day 9 - home

Sea World in Orlando and Busch Gardens in Tampa are owned by the same people, so you can get deals on admission.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Had a grand onto that and you are getting there!
    (Irish Accent) I like a good posh wank, you know!

Booked it and we are off next week. Went with a virgin package in the end and got loads of extras as I'm a single parent and my kids disability.

11 nights, premium economy flights (extra 800), 2 bed hotel appartment (single parent special) on international drive with breakfast included, 5 day ticket to disney (4 parks and 2 water parks), 2 day ticket to Seaworld (with water park), 2 day ticket to Universal Studios (with water park), VIP tickets for the Arabian Nights dinner show and an empty suitcase to bring back all the crap.

I'm soooooooooo excited.

Don't know your budget, but again, I would strongly recommend bypassing Animal Kingdom (part of the Disney pass I am sure) and going over to Tampa and go to Busch Gardens. Busch Gardens is 20 times better than Animal Kingdom.

As mentioned in my earlier post, Orlando to Tampa is about a 2 hour drive.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

My kid isn't too keen on the really big scary rides so I think Busch Gardens might be a bit to much for him but we'll see.

Thanks for the advice dude.