Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MMA Gyms/teachers in Birmingham!!!????

Default MMA Gyms/teachers in Birmingham!!!????

Hi, wondering if anyone can help me out. I really want to start training in MMA . I live in Acocks green in Birmingham.

Can anyone tell me any good mma gyms in brum. I was about to go down to D-tec in Oldbury this week but after looking on a few forums have found it hard to hear anything good about them? Does anyone know if this is true??
    I know theres gracie barra in acocks green but Im trying to find a all round mma place not just bjj. and also know anyone good who does privates aswell??
    Anyway some help on a good gym for a beginner would be great. a

Thanks
    scott

Few places in Brum mate, new UTC gym open in Erdington, UFC affiliated with Paul Taylor, Marc Goddard(ref)etc.

F's Freestyle in Cotteridge aint bad, not been there for a long time tho so cannot comment on setup at moment.

How much money you willing to spend on training, thats the question????
    You Are Next !!!!!!!

Braulio Estima (BJJ World Champion) teaches in Acocks Green. Trust me, go there for your grappling training.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

if your in Acoks you should go to Gracie Barra, if just for the BJJ

after that UTC is probably closest and that seems like a quailty place to train for all round MMA

thanx for the replies guys. erm im looking on spending around 100 a month maybe, dnt really wanna pay much mor than that, 150 max> any ideas on the best way to get started on that budget?

I wouldent go on anything said about D-TEC on this forum m8 we have a dedicated troll fan club who enjoy slagging us off ( who will prob jump all over this post proving me right ) if all what the few idiots said were true we wouldent have new members join every week.

D-TEC has some top coaches inc Salman Mirza freestyle wrestling, Jack Webb Judo, Martin Higgins dirty Boxing, Richard Degville Muay Thai/subwrestling Jason Gonzales Kickboxing/ Boxing and Rob T comes up to put our Jiu-jitsu right once a month we have over 35 members ( not bad for a small club ) our facilities are basic but we have all thats needed to train hard ( and you will ) all our coaches are fully certified in there arts, and all the arts are taught with MMA in mind NOT in there pure form. we work on a pay as you go basis with lessons starting for students and unemployed for as little as 3 per session 5 max.

if your still not sure come along and have a free lesson, and if we are shit then what have you lost other than a little time choosing the right gym?.

This applies to ANY1 dont believe the trolls make up your own mind if any1 wishes to try us out mention this forum and your handle to any of the coaches and you will get that lesson free!.
    Last edited by youngun; 17-12-2008 at 11:53 AM. Reason: more to add to post
    I'ts better to burn out than fade away!

steve_langford

BJJ - Braulios Gracie Barra , no question.
    MMA - F's Freestyle or the new UTC place.

The best bet is to try a few of the gyms out and see were you feel most comfortable/happy with the training.

good luck with it.

One of Braulio's purple belts, Luke Cole, runs an MMA class on sunday nights at stevie b's. 17:30-19:30 and it only costs a fiver. You'd be mad not to check it out considering you're in the area!

There are a few other guys (myself included) who train the BJJ that also like to do a bit of MMA training/sparring out of class hours too.

You should defo check it out. There are also Muay Thai, boxing, dirty boxing classes at the gym too so everything you need is there, as well as a few pro fighters who are more than willing to help.

I can only see the club expanding as Braulio gets more into the MMA side of things.

http://www.stevie-bs-gym.co.uk/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by spirez View Post
    One of Braulio's purple belts, Luke Cole, runs an MMA class on sunday nights at stevie b's. 17:30-19:30 and it only costs a fiver. You'd be mad not to check it out considering you're in the area!

There are a few other guys (myself included) who train the BJJ that also like to do a bit of MMA training/sparring out of class hours too.

You should defo check it out. There are also Muay Thai, boxing, dirty boxing classes at the gym too so everything you need is there, as well as a few pro fighters who are more than willing to help.

I can only see the club expanding as Braulio gets more into the MMA side of things.

http://www.stevie-bs-gym.co.uk/index.html
    Bit strange that they've still got Marc Goddard listed as fighting out of their gym.