Thread: Vision NoGi grappling comp. 28th April

Default Vision NoGi grappling comp. 28th April

SGC will be holding a NoGI comp during the day at the Kelvin Hall International Sports Arena in association with the VFC "Uprising" MMA event.

This will also run in conjuction with the Scot Fit XPO - more details to come soon!

www.fightchallenge.net

The Show will be in the evening at the same venue so will be a great day of combat sports. Prizes from our sponsors will be provided for each divison and goody bag for ever person signing up.

25 entry in advance online.
    30 on the day.

Scottish Grappling Challenge April 28th.

Kelvin Hall International Sports Arena

Glasgow

Weight Classes;
    U57kg
    U62Kg
    U67kg
    U73kg
    U79kg
    U85kg
    U91kg
    U97kg
    +97kg

Beginner (under 1 year exp) Advanced (1 year + exp)

6 min rounds, first 3 mins-no points (win by sub only) Final 3 mins-points scored.
    In the event of a draw the referee will decide the winner, finals will have 2 mins overtime. If still a draw, first person to score wins.

Points are awarded as follows;
    2 - Takedown
    2 - Passing the Guard
    2 - Sweep
    4 - Mount
    4 - Back Take (2 hooks in)
    1 - Advantage point for close sweeps, passes and sub attempts.

All positions must be established for a minimum of 3 seconds for points to be awarded.

When Changing positions points will be given in accending order.*
    ie, no points will be given if moving to side control from mount.

Reversals are NOT considered sweeps. Sweeps must start from a guard position.

"All fighters will get 2 fights minimum"
    If you lose your first fight you will get to fight somebody who also lost their first fight.

07792046231 but sign up online.

WEIGH INS WILL BE FROM 8.30

FIRST FIGHT 10.30ish

RULES;

LEGAL TECHNIQUES

All chokes (except using the hand to close the windpipe)

All armbars, shoulder locks, wrist locks

Straight leg and Ankle locks (no twisting)

ILLEGAL TECHNIQUES

All neck cranks.

No bending of fingers or toes or small joint manipulation.

No Heel Hooks or Toe Holds.

No Striking, biting,pulling hair, grabbing ears or scratching.

No touching the groin area.

No holding of opponents clothing or using t-shirt to choke opponent.

No slamming of opponent (elevated takedowns are allowed)

CLOTHING

Shorts or leggings and t-shirt, rashguard or bare topped. No GI's or loose fitting trousers allowed. NO WRESTLING BOOTS (sorry)

If a fighter breaks the rules he will normally be given a warning, if he breaks them again he will be disqualified.

Serious fouls, ie striking, or dangerous techniques will result in immediate disqualification.

Winner will be decided by;

Sumission

Refs decision

Fighter must engage before pulling guard. (no just sitting and butt scooting)

After a take down or guard pull, fighters are allowed to stay on the floor if they wish.

*Tee shirts will be given to all competitors, you must sign up on line to secure your tee as these need to be ordered. If you pay on the day I cannot guarantee you will get a tee. Sorry.

https://m.ticketscript.com/channel/w.../format/mobile

Please provide, Name, Club, Weight, Division and Tee size on the payment notes section.
    Rob McCrum, Pro BW. www.bjjscotland.co.uk

Only 2 weeks away. Going to be a great event.

Get signed up peeps. Can also pay on the day, let me know in advance to secure your free stuff,( tee shirt and goody bag) 25 now, 30 on the day. Entry to fitness expo included, super fights, prizes and loads to do.

10min NoGi grappling bouts confirmed.

Rob McCrum v Arek Zienkiewicz 74kgs

Danny Mitchell v Dan Reid 85kgs

Quote Originally Posted by staffie View Post
    Get signed up peeps. Can also pay on the day, let me know in advance to secure your free stuff,( tee shirt and goody bag) 25 now, 30 on the day. Entry to fitness expo included, super fights, prizes and loads to do.
    hi i`m one of instructors from team jigoku and would like to sign up one of my fighters to no gi comp on 28th april. His name: Sebastian Swislocki,weight 73kg,beginners class. so please give me details how to register online. Regards Piotr

https://m.ticketscript.com/channel/w.../format/mobile

Leave name, division, weight and tee size on comments section of the pay site or email it to me at r.mccrum@sky.com if you have any problems.