Thread: New BJJ club in Gateshead, Tyne & Wear!

Post New BJJ club in Gateshead, Tyne & Wear!

Hi,

I am trying to establish a new BJJ club in Gateshead, and am looking to see what interest I can gather here. If you would like to see my website you can find it on my profile page. It is unfinished as of now, but there is some useful content (about me, the club, etc.). I have a tentative agreement with Go Maru Defense UK for facilities, and just need to get the ball rolling. The nearest club is a bit too far for me to want to travel to regularly, so I have decided to open a new school. BJJ is a hobby and lifestyle for me, and I want to share what I know and build a good club. I teach straight BJJ, but I like to get creative and incorporate anything useful. Drop a post and let me know if you're interested!

Lance

id be interested to go to a BJJ only club......obviously depending on a few things, timetable,location,quality of instruction etc....could you please provide more info..

cheers

Hi, the schedule I have arranged for is on Tues 7-8:30pm, Thurs 8-9:30pm and Sun 4-6pm. You can find out more about me here http://gomarubjj.webs.com/. I am a purple belt, and have been training for around eight years now. I'm easy going, and like to teach & play a very technical game. I will sort out the affiliation once I'm sure the club is going forward. Let me know if you're in and I will get the class started!

alright mate........ive sent you a PM.

Has this started and is there many going to the class?

Cheers
    www.ultimatescaffolding.co.uk

Hi DECCA, yes classes have been going on consistently on Tues and Thurs. Sun is off for now, as I have some business to do on weekends (will add another class if there is enough demand). There are about eight people in total so far. Don't be put off by small classes though, as the benefit is that an instructor has more time to observe and personalize the lessons and fix any problems students are having, IMO.