Thread: You are the Dictator of the newly formed UK MMA Governing body

Hybrid View

Default You are the Dictator of the newly formed UK MMA Governing body

What are your top 5 priorities/rules?

Let the games begin!!!
    MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative

OK I'll go first. Some of these will be serious some not so...

1 - Shows must be called MMA and not Cage Fighting. Shows advertising 'Cage Fighting' will be shot and/or burned to the ground
    2 - Shows must include a commentary team that consists of a current/retired fighter, an impartial commentator and an experienced television commentator
    3 - Fighters will be matched to similar ability & experience (the 'Ian Dean')
    4 - Gurning, gratuitous nudity and general chav-ness is prohibited
    5 - All refs, judges and officials must be recognized by and adhere to the rules and guidelines of the UKMMA Governing body.
    MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative

1) Follow the true unified rules for pro and am, and ban all so called amateur with no head-shots as well as semi pro rules from being labelled MMA.

2) Recognise only 'ONE' championship title from area/regional to National, though promoters could still use their own mickey mouse titles, they'd have to follow strict guidelines as laid out by the UKMMA-Governing Body

3) Create guidelines in respect of the whole technical process of running events from minimum cage sizes/medical staff/weigh in process/ using legitimate officials.

4) Officials/fighters/promoters would have to register with the UKMMA-GB

5) Medical suspensions for KO/TKO's fighters as they do in boxing and kickboxing.

I would pretty much run it in a similar way to the British Boxing Board of Control, which would involve a big PR campaign to get the media to recognise only legitimately sanctioned MMA events, thus preventing 'unlicensed' MMA events from getting media attention. This would be a good part of building the true professional fighter's images and getting them recognised in the public.

1)Appoint somebody more diplomatic than I before I tell all the shitheads to kiss my arse and ban them from the sport for life.

2)Clear my desk.

3)#Fightthebullshit

1. Ensure that promotions operate in the "interests of the sport".

2. Ensure that all referees, judges and other officials are generally capable and responsible.

3. Ensure that fighters are paid/treated in a fair manner and that contractual obligations are honoured.

4. Ensure that adequate procedures are in place to protect fighters health.

5. Develop and action a campaign with a view to progressing the sport domestically and building a positive image of the sport to the general public.
    PROFESSIONAL MMA SHIT.
    LIKES FREE STUFF.
    GIVE ME MONEY.