Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gyms in Sunderland/Durham area

Hybrid View

Default Gyms in Sunderland/Durham area

I'm looking for a gym in Sunderland/Durham area with a decent timetable. I work wednesday, thurdays nights and all day sunday so it limits how many classes I can get to considering most places only have classes at night. So ideally somewhere that has daytime classes or more than 1 class a night would be best.

One gym I heard of is Section 18 (I think that's the name) in Sunderland, but I can't find any information anywhere regarding timetable or its exact location, so any information on that would be appreciated

thanks

bump..........

I could only get to the 1 mma class on that timetable

Unity is really close to my home (like 15-20min walk) but their beginners muay thai is on the wednesday when I'm at work, so I would be doing no stand up if I went there.

Machine is on I've looked at before the timetable works out well while I'm a beginner with sessions on Monday, Friday and Saturday. But once I'm past beginner stage I would only have 1 class on a tuesday, so it wouldn't really work.

Fight Pit site is down so can't really comment on their timetable

Dungeon's timetable is another one I have looked at but getting home from the night time classes would be a bitch by bus, 20 min wait for 1 bus which then takes 30 minutes, then another long wait for a 2nd bus which takes 45/50 minutes.

I found sixth sense mma in South shield its a canny bus ride like but would cut waiting around out and I could do 3 classes a week and their would be no stupid periods of hanging around bus stands either. So sixth sense seems the best option or maybe Section 18 If I could find out a timetable, all I know is that it's in fullwell

Edit: actually, just looked and that Sixth Sense does not appear to be near the market place in south shields were the bus would drop me off :/
    Last edited by S-Ward; 06-04-2012 at 12:37 AM.

Youl find in most gyms the fighters also go to beginer classes, beginner classes are called that so new people wont be put off coming to a class, tho they will have all levels of of people going as the the basics are most important......also im sure if you phone unity gym and expalained your situation they would let you go on the intermediae night instead........

Maybe look into newcastle gyms if you cant find what you want in durham/sunderland.........

ive got the fight pit timetable....ill put it up for you if i can.

Monday 9:30am - 11:00am Zumba
    4:00pm - 4:50pm Kids Boxing
    5:30pm - 7:15pm Boxing
    7:30pm - 8:30pm Ladies Aerotone
    Tuesday 10:00am - 12:00pm Pro MMA
    4:30pm - 5:10pm Under 9's Kickboxing
    5:30pm - 7:15pm MMA
    Wednesday 9:30am - 10:30am Self Defence/Kickboxing
    4:00pm - 4:50pm Under 14's Kickboxing
    Thursday 10:00am - 12:00pm Pro MMA
    5:30pm - 7:15pm MMA
    7:30pm - 8:30pm Ladies Boxercise
    Friday 4:00pm - 4:50pm Kids Boxing
    Saturday 1:00pm - 2:00pm Kickboxing
    2:00pm - 3:00pm Circuits

i got this a few months back so dont if its still the same.......

Sixth Sense based at South Shields Fight Factory is only a 5 min walk from the marketplace