Thread: Ringside this week talking about MMA

Default Ringside this week talking about MMA

For anyone that missed it, we have a boxer/kickboxer jon thaxton, steve lillis a fat journo thats never laced up a pair of gloves in his life or stepped on a mat, the most deluded mma hater on the planet barry mcguigan, a parrot that works for sky and johnny nelson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pSgreXgvSI
    I usually like this program, but this was just pathetic, individuals with no idea about MMA or the individual arts that go into it, trying to put the sport down, from what i watched johnny nelson and jon thaxton were the only proffessionals there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gbdaz View Post
    For anyone that missed it, we have a boxer/kickboxer jon thaxton, steve lillis a fat journo thats never laced up a pair of gloves in his life or stepped on a mat, the most deluded mma hater on the planet barry mcguigan, a parrot that works for sky and johnny nelson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pSgreXgvSI
    I usually like this program, but this was just pathetic, individuals with no idea about MMA or the individual arts that go into it, trying to put the sport down, from what i watched johnny nelson and jon thaxton were the only proffessionals there.
    That was absolute dog shit, I can't believe Mcguigan as an ex pro of any sport could be so ignorant. How can he say that it's harder to improve your skills as a boxer than it is to develop your skills as a mixed martial artist (or any other sport for that matter) having not ever competed or trained in said sport. Surely he should be able to appreciate the level of commitment and the intricacies involved in becoming skilled in each of the disciplines?
    The tubby fuck was a joke aswell, don't even want to get started on him. I know everyones allowed their opinion but he's obviously never done either sport so to come out with some of the most biased views toward boxing was cring worthy to watch and he should feel embarassed (although he probably won't lol).

How they could call the fat guy an mma correspondant is beyond me,he knew very little and is clearly biased towards boxing. If they wanted to have a debate they should have got an mma fighter on

"Most MMA in this country is rubbish".

Discuss.
    MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative