Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ucc 11 @hmv ritz manchester 27th april '12 fight card

Arran Wilkinson V Martin Welby welterweight (pro)
    Was Wilby also a late replacement?

No,Wilby was in from the start

Think Wilkinson will get a bit of a shock when he starts fighting on CW. Can't see Ian Dean matching him up with guys with such negative records.
    I would ban the triangle choke, the refuge of cowards everywhere.

Wilkinson is a very good fighter, think he can shine in the next 12mths.

Sounds like some excellent fights last night, didnt manage to make it but the write ups seem good, Stu Barrs was the one on here calling Arish out for ages wasnt he?

Lol at Lee Livsey/Threlfall and now calling himself Lee Cage ha ha ha classic!

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Think Wilkinson will get a bit of a shock when he starts fighting on CW. Can't see Ian Dean matching him up with guys with such negative records.
    can see where your coming from bout negative record but the guy is no walkover hes got decent ground game and solid on the feet dont think ill get a big shock when i fight for ian this isnt my first rodeo pal thanks for your concern though x

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron.w View Post
    can see where your coming from bout negative record but the guy is no walkover hes got decent ground game and solid on the feet dont think ill get a big shock when i fight for ian this isnt my first rodeo pal thanks for your concern though x
    Haha, cheers for the cheeky kiss. I'm touched.

Shock possibly the wrong word. Your losses are to pretty decent fighters and it goes without saying you have fought at a decent level. However, as a veteran of 14/15 professional fights who has fought under the Zuffa banner to then fight guys who are 4-8 and 3-13 is blatant record padding.

I have more respect for fighters like Martin Wilby who will take on decent opponent after decent opponent. I do understand records are in part a numbers game and 10-5 looks better than say 8-5, but wins over guys like Wilby don't really add much worth considering his negative record.

No offence intended but that's how it is, pal.
    I would ban the triangle choke, the refuge of cowards everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Haha, cheers for the cheeky kiss. I'm touched.

Shock possibly the wrong word. Your losses are to pretty decent fighters and it goes without saying you have fought at a decent level. However, as a veteran of 14/15 professional fights who has fought under the Zuffa banner to then fight guys who are 4-8 and 3-13 is blatant record padding.

I have more respect for fighters like Martin Wilby who will take on decent opponent after decent opponent. I do understand records are in part a numbers game and 10-5 looks better than say 8-5, but wins over guys like Wilby don't really add much worth considering his negative record.

No offence intended but that's how it is, pal.
    no offence taken mate glad youve got that all off your chest you have a good weekend pal