Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sorry to be the breaker of bad news.

Default Sorry to be the breaker of bad news.

You all know me, I'm not the kind of ghastly fellow that would be mean just for the sake of being mean. However i made a promise to you fine gentleman and an oath to god (Rickson) that I would call things like i saw them. Through thick and thin i have delivered to you on this promise and now i must bring to your attention exibits:

A.

B.

C.

D.

A. Majid winning the Under 1 year category (Saturday, April 28, 2012)
    B. Majid competing in the Scotia Cup (Saturday, April 23, 2011)
    C. Sand
    D. Bag

Majid my old foe, your medal is as legit as your instructors lineage. So kindly lower your fingers, take that silly look off your face and hang your head in shame you filthy cheat. I was being accused of scaring away potential BJJ competitors, but what scares away new competitors more than anything else is sandbaggers. You sir are a sandbagger and you can now officially consider yourself outted as such.
    Blackbelt in calling it like it is

Hmm. Are there checks done by the organisers of grappling contests to ensure this doesn't happen (if indeed these exhibits are legit)?

Although I guess it would be very difficult to know for sure when each competitor started training in BJJ.
    Twitter @steflachMMA. Herald Sport www.heraldscotland.com/sport

Its a hard one to police, but competitors should be honest , nothing is gained other wise but so hard to police. McBlackbelt is the new bjj anti sandbag units sole officer . ahhaha

awesome
    www.themmashow.info www.facebook.com/themmashow @mma_show

erm, sorry i disagree, i know where your coming from, but Majid would have got killed in the advanced division. I know the rules state 1 year under beginners and over advanced.. but lets be realistic, Majid would have needed a rape whistle if he enterd the advanced ( no offence Majid ) there was a few boys from down here gona go and give it a bash but Shamu has been training just under 2 years and only done one comp before. he would of been in with the likes of Bart, dan Hope ect.... they also would need a rape whistle to deal with those boys. so the guys decided to give it a miss. i think there should be an intermediate for the likes of Majid and boys that have trained just over a year

Quote Originally Posted by jimmynotini View Post
    erm, sorry i disagree, i know where your coming from, but Majid would have got killed in the advanced division. I know the rules state 1 year under beginners and over advanced.. but lets be realistic, Majid would have needed a rape whistle if he enterd the advanced ( no offence Majid ) there was a few boys from down here gona go and give it a bash but Shamu has been training just under 2 years and only done one comp before. he would of been in with the likes of Bart, dan Hope ect.... they also would need a rape whistle to deal with those boys. so the guys decided to give it a miss. i think there should be an intermediate for the likes of Majid and boys that have trained just over a year
    Good point....Also...I don't think Madij trained much Bjj in the last year, more the last 3 months.

Regardless of him getting smashed in the advanced or how frequent he's being training its unfair on legit beginners. I've competed in advanced divisions no gi. I've lost more than I've won but that's the game and hopefully I'm (slowly) closing the gap.

I've missed most of the last year through injury, should I be able to jump in to the beginners when I'm better? because Bart will (and does) smash me too?

Do complete beginners enter competitions in their first months or even weeks of training? At what point would you expect a reasonably fit, regularly training person to be competent to compete?
    "Yes, making mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep" Rudyard Kipling

I'v only (master Wang- Robb) ever competed in the advanced categories, as I had roled for a couple of years before entering my first comp and to be fair I am rather gash, all in all just a passionate amateur, yet iv been in against the likes of big T Watson commonwealth level wrestler and Damian mia Black belt- Mango (aye him) !! and as I am a fat tubby bitch , I also get the pleasure of grappling against men the size of houses, like that dude yesterday !! Some times in life the rules must be broken but at other times like in no gi BJJ comps, you just got to be honest .

I do think there should be an intermediate categorie though but again that gives folk a whole other categorie to sandbag inn!! ahhahah
    www.themmashow.info www.facebook.com/themmashow @mma_show