Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Sorry to be the breaker of bad news.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccavelli View Post
    make it so.
    I am number 1, because Picard says so.

Ask Frakes!

Do you know a Fridgeless Fail? Send them HERE!

Rob when will the results be going up?

I left the sheets in a box at the gym, I'm out the country till monday so will probably be tuesday, sorry for the delay.
    Rob McCrum, Pro BW. www.bjjscotland.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by OverhandRighT View Post
    From my Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu experience I was tapping out blue belts in about 6 months to a year after training. White belts as soon as I learned some shit. Came close with purples after 2 years... The rest makes no difference to my point...

I grappled quite a lot though in that time frame though... Had done the whole "get a Black Belt in 3 years" thing with another art when I was younger.

I believe McBB is getting caught up on belt colors from following some of his posts.

I am getting the feeling McBB is tapping out people with higher belt grades and wondering "Why the hell am I not Purple/Brown... Look at me tapping out these more prestigious belt colors" or "My belt is better than yours because I got it from this guy>that guy>Rickson Gracie>Who gives a fuck?!"

My take on it is... Who gives a fuck about a belt color? I was kicking the shit outta egotistical Karate/TKD Black Belts in Thai sparring after a year of Muay Thai Training... If they beat me... I couldn't have cared less.

For myself I don't believe it would have made any difference at all having someone like Gilani in my white belt bracket in BJJ when I had trained say 10 months... Some people just don't get good that quick.... Others do.

If I where him and felt that bad about losing. If I felt the scope of the compitition rules didn't benefit my martial arts training where I didn't want to be used as a grappling dummy. I would have took the honest Romeoblood ruite and not attended at all.

Someone has taken the time to set up a comp and put rules in place. If you don't like them. Respect them like Romeoblood did and don't go. What did you really gain from this, Gilani?

Knowledge and ego boost that you can beat people with little or no experience? Unless you want to have everyone bitching about you/your gym you shouldn't be doing this. It's poor practice. Cons outweigh the pros and you got a shiny gold sprayed piece of tin on a ribben for being a cheat. Well done. Hope your gym is proud of you and hang that medal in a trophy cabinet for all in the gym to see.

If I where a coach at Fighters Hive, I'd have a word with him and tell him he has embarressed the name of their gym that they have worked for.

Good work McBB on pointing out people who are not abiding rules of comps. Anyone planning on sandbagging should beware this guy will expose you. For people who set up comps. I don't know how you're to please everyone.... But good work for actually being arsed setting one up.
    Not one person has said a word about the fighters hive nor is it really fuck all to do with our team or the coaches if one guy decides to do what's went on! Fighters Hive never entered as a team and I am pritty sure majid and maybe one or two others from the hive were at the comp but I'm more than sure that it had nothing to do with the coaches! A dunno if you've read any of what's went on but mcbb doesn't give a shif about exsposing cheats otherwise there would be more than one guys name gettin shat on and everyone knows that! I don't know why he did not enter the division he should be in but I know if he entered as part of a fightershive team he would not have been sandbagging as he would not have been allowed because that's not what any of us are about! It's hardly giving the hive a bad name as mentioned before by coaches from other teams, coaches have no control over the choices made by students ! Whether that be censoring there speech on the Internet or choices they make in relation to what the division they enter in a grappling comp! Your taking the piss a bit taking a shot at our entire gym and team, like I said read the threads before commenting because you will also see I mentioned
    majid had been spoken to about certain stuff , let's be truly honest here who really gives a shit about it no ones losing sleep over it!

Quote Originally Posted by mmakind View Post
    Not one person has said a word about the fighters hive nor is it really fuck all to do with our team or the coaches if one guy decides to do what's went on! Fighters Hive never entered as a team and I am pritty sure majid and maybe one or two others from the hive were at the comp but I'm more than sure that it had nothing to do with the coaches! A dunno if you've read any of what's went on but mcbb doesn't give a shif about exsposing cheats otherwise there would be more than one guys name gettin shat on and everyone knows that! I don't know why he did not enter the division he should be in but I know if he entered as part of a fightershive team he would not have been sandbagging as he would not have been allowed because that's not what any of us are about! It's hardly giving the hive a bad name as mentioned before by coaches from other teams, coaches have no control over the choices made by students ! Whether that be censoring there speech on the Internet or choices they make in relation to what the division they enter in a grappling comp! Your taking the piss a bit taking a shot at our entire gym and team, like I said read the threads before commenting because you will also see I mentioned
    majid had been spoken to about certain stuff , let's be truly honest here who really gives a shit about it no ones losing sleep over it!

No one needed to say anything about Fighters Hive... He is wearing your clubs name.

I only said have a word with him because it's not good for the name you built up (as a respected gym)

You said everyone was bitching about the hive and I don't know if it was sarcasm or just a snidey remark about putting the medal up as we are all so proud. I do not know now the other gyms are run but it's not just a gym but a business also and to help sustain that business clothes such as vests hoodies and shorts are sold and not just to gym members but whoever wants one( not saying maj does not train at the hive but he also trains else where) , including the general public or punters who come to shows, again coaches have no say in when they wear what they've purchased! As stated numerous times coaches etc have no say in students actions ( there has been advice given but that is upto the individual to take said advice) and therefore can't stop a student sandbagging if he is there at a grappling comp ( without anyone else from the team especially coaches) . The situation created here has not done any harm to our gym as everyone knows maj was there himself acting on his own, not like anyone fom FHFT encouraged it, anyway as said before maj felt will be in the advanved( if no intermediate available next time) so it works out. I'm no saying anymore as I think everyone's heard it all over and over again, peace!

Quote Originally Posted by mmakind View Post
    You said everyone was bitching about the hive and I don't know if it was sarcasm or just a snidey remark about putting the medal up as we are all so proud. I do not know now the other gyms are run but it's not just a gym but a business also and to help sustain that business clothes such as vests hoodies and shorts are sold and not just to gym members but whoever wants one( not saying maj does not train at the hive but he also trains else where) , including the general public or punters who come to shows, again coaches have no say in when they wear what they've purchased! As stated numerous times coaches etc have no say in students actions ( there has been advice given but that is upto the individual to take said advice) and therefore can't stop a student sandbagging if he is there at a grappling comp ( without anyone else from the team especially coaches) . The situation created here has not done any harm to our gym as everyone knows maj was there himself acting on his own, not like anyone fom FHFT encouraged it, anyway as said before maj felt will be in the advanved( if no intermediate available next time) so it works out. I'm no saying anymore as I think everyone's heard it all over and over again, peace!
    I actually never said "everyone is bitching about Fighters Hive".

I said towards this Gilani guy "Unless you want to have everyone bitching about you/your gym you shouldn't be doing this. "

I mentioned Fighters Hive once saying about if I where a coach I'd say something to him. If you say he wasn't repping your club and was wearing a vest bought there (multiple gyms/entering comp as independant) then fair enough... My bad and appoligies to Fighters Hive on my part. I maybe put 2+2 and got 5 because of him wearing the name of the gym.

If that is the case, then I would like to correct the part I mentioned Fighters Hive and say to Gilani that I hope he gets kicks showing that spray gold tin medal to whoever cares and take great pride in the fact he is a cheat. To me it is no better than if a young looking 20 year old passed for looking 15 and won an under 16's tourniment.

Bottom line, never meant to offend Fighters Hive... It's a pitty you have to have people like this in your club when others comply with Martial Arts etiquette, peace.

lol internets

I am reluctantly posting to justify my decision of competing in the beginners category. I competed in the beginners category for the no gi comp in October and then in December where I was knocked out in the first round of each competition. After that I competed in the beginners category last week where I did better. I lost my very first match to a guy from the lycans gym but as he got injured I was given another shot where I was awarded the gold by Gary Christie which I reluctantly accepted (you can ask him to verify this). Then I competed in a shallow absolute division where I won but with great struggle. If I had something to hide why would I commend every opponent I faced by informing them that I trained longer than them.

Rob and Co are doing an amazing job in running these competitions but the categories were too vague for my personal liking because if I am being put out in the first round of beginners categories in previous comps then what gives me the right to enter the advanced category in the next comp. I am a white belt with garbage fundamentals and am a crap grappler which the juice and others have highlighted in the past. So how do i become a sand bagger after winning these medals? I have been knocked out the first rounds of white belt divisions in gi competitions as well, should I have still entered the advanced category last week. By being an academic I class progress over labels where If i entered the advanced category there would ne no real progress as i have not finished business at the beginners category, it's like doing a one year Masters degree without an honours which is poor logic.

I am more than happy to return the medals because I have achieved something which is more important and that is to know that I have earned the right to compete in either an intermediate or advanced category. I regularly train at the Fighter's Hive where I am probably one of the most hardest working students there. I have gained a lot from training there and I have also added some more to my game by training at GB Glasgow where time at both places led me to attain the recent results. Rob, Meat and Gary I will return the medals the next time I see you. The people who were attacking me please know the whole story before you make a judgement. I am really thankful for people being impartial or siding with me but am also dissapointed with people attacking me without knowing the whole story because I have really worked hard to improve my game.

To Danny Gray, for your information although I maybe a mongo but I have followed the sport for over ten years where an ill prepared version of me with no bjj game was going to compete in an mma fight in September 2003 in Maryhill Glasgow under a Duncan James show but due to last minute changes I fought a thai fight. I also watched my friend Craig fight Willie Scott a few months later and my friend John fight ref John.

To everyone I will return my medals to the comp management, now please move on...........

Heres the deal regardless if u think u r shite or not it's cheating dude it's not really explainable is it. The categorys were over/under a year. I don't know or have anything against you but u cheated dude, I think you know this yourself and that's maybe why u r sending the medals back. Just stick to the rules buddy regardless what u think.
    Proud to be sponsored by Sport-Sense check them out at Sport-sense.co.uk