Thread: Boxing in London for 26yo

Hybrid View

Default Boxing in London for 26yo

I want to learn how to box and am wondering if anyone has any recommendations on where to go. I'd like do a few boxing fights as well

I went to Allstars in Harrow but was told I was too old to join because I hadn't boxed before. Am not sure what the situation is at other clubs.

I'm trying to find somewhere in Central London or north-west London as I live in Kilburn and work in Baker St.

Thinking of the Real Fight Club in Liverpool St - anyone been there?

Thanks for any help in advance

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

what, they told you you're too old at 26? cheeky bastards.

i've trained at the real fight club and it's a great place to go. nice bunch of coaches and people in there.

if you go to hooks gym that is a great place, home to the London Shootfighters, but they also have a dedicated boxing room, Steve Newland in there trained James DeGale to amateur success, is a really nice guy and an excellent coach. really awesome technical instruction.

i've also trained at the ABC gym in Kentish town, they are friendly and helpful too.

Bateman on here can tell you more.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

boxing / mma clinic in angel or covent garden is good I have heard

Cheers for these recommendations - yeah first time I'd been told that 26 was too old!

I think for convenience The Real Fight Club and Boxing Clinic both look good. Haven't been able to get through to TRFC on the phone today - is their new place open?

Quote Originally Posted by KO-MMA View Post
    Thanks for that, that's exactly what I'm looking for