Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Tips For Triangleing Huge Guys

Default Any Tips For Triangleing Huge Guys

Rolling with a huge 200 KG guy the other night, and tried to triangle him 3 times unsuccessfully due to his huge neck, which I could only really pull guard on.

After giving up trying to triangle him, I switched to an armbar which he got out off by doing a Bicep curl which lifted me clean off the floor. The joys of rolling with some one at least 3 times your weight

Anyone got any tips on how to lock in a triangle when some one as a huge neck?
    Or even any tips on how not to get bicep curled
    58KG (126 lbs) Wuss, the same weight as my 13 year old nephew.

Some guys are so big it might be virtually impossible - main thing is make sure your "locking" leg has passed his shoulder completely ( no shoulder inside the triangle )
    Other than that, just avoid being underneath someone so much bigger - make your game plan to keep his weight off you and get on top - arm drags work well on huge dudes
    PROFESSIONAL MMA SHIT.
    LIKES FREE STUFF.
    GIVE ME MONEY.

Big guy is not 200kg, only 190kg, i wouldnt even bother trying to triangle or armbar the dude, RNC Guilotine or footlock is the way to go. After you move about like a fucker and get him tired.

Hey Sack Attack are you a 60kg guy trying to sub a 200kg guy off your back? I wouldn't even bother with that to avoid getting stacked at totally squashed it's not even worth it.

Like Thaison said your best bet is to either footlock him or attack his neck.

My advice would be to knee ride the shit out of him to make him tired and give up his back then start working the choke from there. If he's 200kg you probably wouldn't even be able to put your knees on the floor if you mounted him either lol.
    Last edited by Stunan; 01-06-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Far be it for me to contradict other advice from more experienced people, but it's worth checking out this video by Renzo on the art of triangling big guys. Iirc, one of the tips was to use your arms to make a frame on the knee of the leg that's across the back of the other guy's neck. Once that thigh is past 90 degrees to your torso I think it's much harder to fight the stack.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCotP13AZg4
    www.carlsongracieteam.org.uk/

However, 200kg/190kg is one hell of a unit! There are limits to some techniques and that might well be beyond it.. Is it 200kg of muscle, or more Roy Nelson-esque?
    www.carlsongracieteam.org.uk/

The most hated Gaijin of all

Don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mainsy View Post
    Don't do it.
    +1..........
    The Bushido MMA Academy

Trying to master Tai Chi BJJ.

Add another voice to don't bother. 190kg is HUGE, the triangle is limited by physical attributes; if your legs aren't long enough to do it, it ain't gonna happen.

Fighting big guys = butterfly or feet on hips, then get to their back asap. Stay there until you tap them.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Sack Attack View Post
    Rolling with a huge 200 KG guy the other night, and tried to triangle him 3 times unsuccessfully due to his huge neck, which I could only really pull guard on.

After giving up trying to triangle him, I switched to an armbar which he got out off by doing a Bicep curl which lifted me clean off the floor. The joys of rolling with some one at least 3 times your weight

Anyone got any tips on how to lock in a triangle when some one as a huge neck?
    Or even any tips on how not to get bicep curled
    Props for rolling with that big dude. I've not had the opportunity yet and at 63kg I probably wouldn't bother. I don't even know if I could close my guard round him.