Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'head and arm' choke defense

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    Turning away is a bad idea, makes the switch to a side choke easy.

Putting your trapped arm hand to your ear will stop the choke, unless the guy applying it is mega strong, but won't help you escape. I prefer to put my trapped arm hand into a fist, cup it with the other hand and then push the trapped elbow into their head then up and over.
    Cheers Rob. What do you mean by up and over?

Elbow needs to go over the top of their head. Not behind their head though, remember they're lying down so directly over their head will mean moving your elbow closer to the floor. Once you get far enough through it you will be able to turn into them and potentially get halfguard or up to your knees.

As with all escapes though, it's difficult to do against full resistance.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Cheers Rob. Any chance you could pm with regards to maybe popping over to Wolverhampton and doing a couple hrs with me and the lads. ect.

David5 said it right.
    Although you can first bring the hand of the arm they have trapped to your ear, this takes some pressure off and created a small gap for a moment.

Then, bring the leg nearest to them up (bend at knee) then wrap both your hands around it (hug).
    Kick out - straighten your leg, your torsoe goes with it and the choke is broken.

Just gotta watch they dont know this as it sets up a nice transition to armbar...

Quote Originally Posted by BillyPerry View Post
    Any chance of a video?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETfiXYZc4Es
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

i don't like the hand on your ear defense, even for a short time, because i have a counter to that to finish the choke and it stops your other defenses
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Quote Originally Posted by david5 View Post
    i don't like the hand on your ear defense, even for a short time, because i have a counter to that to finish the choke and it stops your other defenses
    Yeah, if I've got it locked in I'll normally still finish if someone goes hand to the ear. Levo showed it in great detail at a seminar and I've retained it ever since. Top coach!