Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Judge Aaron Chatfield sucks

Quote Originally Posted by shielsy View Post
    Sengoku is Reza Madadi's mother ..... ... has to be
    Reza did everyone a favor by knocking out leeroid barnes.

so no matter how many people saw it 29-28 reza you seriously believe 30-27 to marcello was correct?

you lot are blind and probably suck on chatfields nuts.

I personally thought Reza won the fight. He seemed to hurt Marcello more and fight metric suggests he was more accurate:

http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fights/index/4078

I wanted Reza to win because he's a European guy, so in my own mind was probably trying to justify reasons for him winning rounds anyway. That and I remember not being sure who would actually get the nod. The interesting one that Aaron did score was the Ogle vs Akira fight:

Capture.jpg

I thought Ogle won that fight clearly but I watched that Live and haven't watched it back on TV either. The decision was unanimous too, so two other judges saw it that way, again it suggests I am biased lol.

Fitch round 3 vs Erik Silva was a clear 10-8 but not one judge gave it a 10-8 all scored it a 10-9, which is crazy if you compare how dominant Fitch was in round 3 compared to round 2.

I am not agreeing that Aaron is a bad judge either, if I had the job there would probably be a shit load of threads on forums about me with much more weight and evidence to back it up behind them!!
    Last edited by Matty H; 15-10-2012 at 10:16 PM.

Just on the subject of 10-8 rounds, has the scoring of the first two rounds of Teixeira/Maldonado been released?

I honestly would be shocked if all 3 judges scored those rounds correctly (10-8 for Glover both rounds)
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/10/1...-for-jon-jones

This piece on mma fighting gives details on the scores of the Maldonado fight
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks for the link.

"And we'd be remiss not to recognize the judges here. Romulo Bettencourt saw both rounds 10-9 and Cardo Urso gave round two a 10-9. Doug Crosby was the only sane one, scoring both rounds 10-8."

That's disgusting.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Quote Originally Posted by RKing85 View Post
    Thanks for the link.

"And we'd be remiss not to recognize the judges here. Romulo Bettencourt saw both rounds 10-9 and Cardo Urso gave round two a 10-9. Doug Crosby was the only sane one, scoring both rounds 10-8."

That's disgusting.
    I think judges in general are too shy to give a 10-8 when there's been a huge dominance, and even a 10-10 where it's needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengoku View Post
    Reza did everyone a favor by knocking out leeroid barnes.

so no matter how many people saw it 29-28 reza you seriously believe 30-27 to marcello was correct?

you lot are blind and probably suck on chatfields nuts.

You mad bro?

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I think judges in general are too shy to give a 10-8 when there's been a huge dominance, and even a 10-10 where it's needed.
    I've given a 10-10 and have never been questioned so much in my life, it's like it's the end of the world or something
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

Quote Originally Posted by Chris G View Post
    This.

Sengoku nothing you say carries any weight so get that out your head firstly.
    Youre the biggest hater on the forum all you do is moan like a scourned bitch.

Aaron's over in Brazil living the dream, and all you can do is hate. This forum could be a priceless resource to a little cretin like you but you cant stand that people on here are making something of themselves whilst you spend your time thinking up the next dig at someone online.

Youre a sad, sad case whoever you are. And I only see suffering in your future.
    Take a look around you.
    Do you have problems with a lot of the people you associate with on a daily basis?
    Have your family members cut ties with you or have little to do with you, only interfacing with you when absolutely necessary?
    Do you justify your behaviour towards them by reminding yourself that nobody loves you?
    Are arguments between you and people close to you a daily occurance?
    Are you affected often by road rage?
    Do you see it as ok to take decidedly more than what you put back in, in any or all areas of life?

My guess is the answer to the majority of those questions is yes.
    Which is why you are bitter and hateful of even the things that you long to love. I feel pity for you, but not sympathy.
    You are destined to die alone, with no loved ones and nothing to show for a wasted life.

It isnt too late though. You can choose to love, not hate, and your life can take a different path if you want it to.
    I suggest starting by deactivating your account, and rejoining as a generally more positive character.
    Last edited by Fullthrottle; 20-10-2012 at 05:28 PM.

It is a big problem, its 10-9 unless both guys spark each other for a 10-10 round or if one beats the other so badly a limb falls off, then maybe you get the odd 10-8, I do think more rounds are deserving of both 10-10 and 10-8's than are given, but there is still so much ambiguity about how a round is scored - i.e takedowns, sub attempts, reversals and so on, that it seems most rounds are still judged on simply the stand up and the takedown itself as the 2 main scoring critieria. You know in a close fight when one fighter busts a takedown near the rounds end and does nothing with it, that its still probably nicked him the round, I never agree with that to be honest.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.